FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: EWTN radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We have a new Catholic radio station here and it's EWTN type stuff. I don't know who it was but someone called up and said that the Consecration of Russia hasn't happened yet. The host said well it has because the Pope said it has and Sister Lucia said it has so he will take their words over anyone else's. Then he said it doesn't matter even if God wants this because it doesn't effect any of our salvation. I got so fuming mad at this idiot I shut my radio off. I was thinking this is typical NO bull crap. "It doesn't matter what God says as long as it doesn't effect our salvation." Well, how does he know it doesn't effect anyone's salvation? This is what's wrong with the NO relgion.

(08-23-2010, 08:11 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]We have a new Catholic radio station here and it's EWTN type stuff. I don't know who it was but someone called up and said that the Consecration of Russia hasn't happened yet. The host said well it has because the Pope said it has and Sister Lucia said it has so he will take their words over anyone else's. Then he said it doesn't matter even if God wants this because it doesn't effect any of our salvation. I got so fuming mad at this idiot I shut my radio off. I was thinking this is typical NO bull crap. "It doesn't matter what God says as long as it doesn't effect our salvation." Well, how does he know it doesn't effect anyone's salvation? This is what's wrong with the NO relgion.

Charity in all things.  Getting too mad at the N.O.ers who are generally lost (most of them are just clueless) is like getting made at a mentally disabled child because he can't do calculus.  All it's going to do is confuse the N.O.ers and/or make them think you're crazy, while simultaneously upping your blood pressure.
(08-23-2010, 08:46 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2010, 08:11 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]We have a new Catholic radio station here and it's EWTN type stuff. I don't know who it was but someone called up and said that the Consecration of Russia hasn't happened yet. The host said well it has because the Pope said it has and Sister Lucia said it has so he will take their words over anyone else's. Then he said it doesn't matter even if God wants this because it doesn't effect any of our salvation. I got so fuming mad at this idiot I shut my radio off. I was thinking this is typical NO bull crap. "It doesn't matter what God says as long as it doesn't effect our salvation." Well, how does he know it doesn't effect anyone's salvation? This is what's wrong with the NO relgion.

Charity in all things.  Getting too mad at the N.O.ers who are generally lost (most of them are just clueless) is like getting made at a mentally disabled child because he can't do calculus.  All it's going to do is confuse the N.O.ers and/or make them think you're crazy, while simultaneously upping your blood pressure.

You are right. It's worse than conservative talk radio...at least I can agree with Rush and Hannity on most things.

But I just couldn't believe when I heard him say "It doesn't matter if what God wants has been done or not." At least the caller argued with this guy and told him the Consecration of Russia has not been accomplished according to what Our Lady requested.

(08-24-2010, 01:30 AM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2010, 08:46 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]

You are right. It's worse than conservative talk radio...at least I can agree with Rush and Hannity on most things.

But I just couldn't believe when I heard him say "It doesn't matter if what God wants has been done or not." At least the caller argued with this guy and told him the Consecration of Russia has not been accomplished according to what Our Lady requested.

I stay as far from any news source as possible.  I get my news from here and lifesitenews, as well as from friends' posts on Facebook and such, I find anything else strains my faith and charity.
3 Sanctus that is the best advice. The News whether main stream progressives or neo-con nuts will get you to the point you are ready to explode. I have always been a kind that monitors the enemy, but since I have pulled back I am much more calm. Th eother way I always had to watch myself because the anger could explode and I would verbally beat the crap out of someone. Which in turn would cause me to spend a lot of time deconstruction my assault and deciding how sinful it was. Absent that I have more time and less stress.
tim
(08-24-2010, 12:04 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]3 Sanctus that is the best advice. The News whether main stream progressives or neo-con nuts will get you to the point you are ready to explode. I have always been a kind that monitors the enemy, but since I have pulled back I am much more calm. Th eother way I always had to watch myself because the anger could explode and I would verbally beat the crap out of someone. Which in turn would cause me to spend a lot of time deconstruction my assault and deciding how sinful it was. Absent that I have more time and less stress.
tim

After reading my diocesan newspaper I read yesterday I don't think I can even read that anymore...liturgical dancing and an article about some tent revival (I kid you not) the Diocese held.  :(
We are in the process of getting Catholic radio here in central Illinois & I hope it takes a conservative route. The only 2 choices I see are EWTN & the Covenant Network. The person in charge I consider a conservative, but he's working with liberals so it'll be an uphill fight. It's kind of ironic that as this is starting up I'm very close to going premium on Real Catholic TV.com. At least I know where I stand there.......please do go near the Vortex.
The problem with the Catholic radio station is a lot of the programming is from un Catholic Answers.

(08-24-2010, 12:57 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: [ -> ]We are in the process of getting Catholic radio here in central Illinois & I hope it takes a conservative route. The only 2 choices I see are EWTN & the Covenant Network. The person in charge I consider a conservative, but he's working with liberals so it'll be an uphill fight. It's kind of ironic that as this is starting up I'm very close to going premium on Real Catholic TV.com. At least I know where I stand there.......please do go near the Vortex.

RealCatholicTV.com is great!  I love it!

Did you watch the two programs on Weapons of Mass Destruction?
I love EWTN radio. I would be lost without it. However, I do think there are too many talk-news shows and call-in apologetics.. I spend most of my time sitting there and yelling at the radio when Catholic Answers is on the air. I wish there were more devotional programs.

I would not get Real Catholic TV unless I wanted my joy destroyed. Personally I think the name was chosen as a slap in the face of EWTN. Like, yes, there's that network, but then there's REAL Catholic TV.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3