FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ummm.... Something Interesting happened to me on the way...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:laughing:

http://fathernewman.blogspot.com/2010/07...shops.html

Ok I am still confused but I just wanted to share.  ???
Many of them the sincerely search the path to God.

It is not for us, to judge them. The conscience is God's message only about ourselves, not about others.
Their church architecture is also beginning to take on a more ancient appearance. I saw a church today with high arches (and windows to match) and spires and was shocked to discover that it was a Baptist church.

Perhaps in their search for ancient Christian tradition, they'll come into the true fold. I'm seeing more and more Baptist (particularly Southern Baptist)-to-Catholic conversion stories on EWTN's 'The Journey Home'.
It sounds like a strategem to lure weak Catholics to Baptism.
(08-27-2010, 11:33 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like a strategem to lure weak Catholics to Baptism.

But Catholics have already been Baptized.
Can you imagine the Southern Baptists coming in ?  Imagine the music at the NO Mass !. All of the third rate rockers folk guitarists, and show tunes musicians would flip. My experience is with store front AME Baptist churches in the neighbor hood, and the contemporary musicians in the Church wouldn't stand a chance against any untrained Sunday singer in one of these.  Look out Fr. Pfleger here comes James Cleveland;

tim
(08-27-2010, 06:24 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Many of them the sincerely search the path to God.

It is not for us, to judge them. The conscience is God's message only about ourselves, not about others.

You do understand the critical distinction between judging actions and judging people, don't you, Mr. Gas?  Because it is quite critical, being that we're commanded by the Lord to judge actions.  Liberals generally don't understand this critical distinction at all.
As I said in my "Howdy!" post on the Introductions thread, I'm a Byzantine Catholic who has become very much attracted to traditional Roman Catholicism (TLM, traditional Sacraments, traditional prayers, devotions, music, etc.).

Since moving back to the Lower 48 from Alaska, I've attended both DL (Divine Liturgy - what Eastern-rite Catholics and Orthodox call the Mass) and the TLM at a church about 40 miles from home.  This church is home to an African-American NO parish, a FSSP TLM parish, and our small Byzantine parish in a basement chapel.

Being that the church is located in a predominately African-American part of town, I was not at all surprised to see a sign for a Baptist church down a side street across from the "multi-purpose" Catholic church.

What did surprise and amuse me was what the sign says:

ST. PETER BAPTIST CHURCH
  2 Blocks North
  ===============>

:)