FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Catholic" radio is at it again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was listening again today and a caller asked about the Malachy prophesy. The guy on the radio said that they are false prophesies and a danger to the Faith. Then he was talking about JPII and he said "Saint John Paul II..." and I shut off the radio. I was wondering if I may have fell asleep through a canonization or something. But then I realized it was just a John Paul the small worshiper.

NO church is desperate!...for saints.  Just as with Mother Theresa they are trying to canonize and I have not heard of any kind of miracle that could be attributed to either one.
(08-28-2010, 01:40 PM)TraceG Wrote: [ -> ]NO church is desperate!...for saints.  Just as with Mother Theresa they are trying to canonize and I have not heard of any kind of miracle that could be attributed to either one.

While I admire Mother Theresa for her dedication to the poor, I just can't get past her JPII like "Be a better Muslim, be a better Jew, be a better Hindu." comments. Plus, I don't believe her "baptisms" were valid when she used to tell dying people she could give them a "ticket to Heaven." and basically did a baptismal ritual on them.

(08-28-2010, 01:49 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2010, 01:40 PM)TraceG Wrote: [ -> ]NO church is desperate!...for saints.  Just as with Mother Theresa they are trying to canonize and I have not heard of any kind of miracle that could be attributed to either one.

While I admire Mother Theresa for her dedication to the poor, I just can't get past her JPII like "Be a better Muslim, be a better Jew, be a better Hindu." comments. Plus, I don't believe her "baptisms" were valid when she used to tell dying people she could give them a "ticket to Heaven." and basically did a baptismal ritual on them.
Anyone Christian can Baptize anyone. So they are valid Baptisms. And Baptism washes away every sin, so she may very well be right. If not, it is certainly a ticket to heaven by way of Purgatory to anyone who accepts the Sacrament in sincerity. Yeah, I guess it isn't fair to those of us who must confess our sins and who know what mortal sin is. But, to those who have been given much, much is expected.

So Peter, do you hope you are right about her "baptisms" being invalid and that they are all burning in hell? You may want to turn your radio off if it is giving you this much trouble. 
If you had a brain you would know what I am talking about. For a baptism of an adult to be valid the adult must want to become Catholic. If not, it's an invalid baptism as opposed to a baptism of a baby which would be valid since a baby cannot choose on their own. I suppose one could argue Mother Theresa asking if the person wishes to get the "special ticket" to Heaven and the person replying with a "Yes." indicates they wish to be Catholic but that is kind of a stretch.

(08-28-2010, 04:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]If you had a brain you would know what I am talking about. For a baptism of an adult to be valid the adult must want to become Catholic. If not, it's an invalid baptism as opposed to a baptism of a baby which would be valid since a baby cannot choose on their own. I suppose one could argue Mother Theresa asking if the person wishes to get the "special ticket" to Heaven and the person replying with a "Yes." indicates they wish to be Catholic but that is kind of a stretch.

But what if one is baptized as a child in a non-Catholic church?  The child is not expressing desire to be Catholic, yet the Church accepts the baptism as valid (if trinitarian). 
(08-28-2010, 05:08 PM)LRThunder Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2010, 04:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]If you had a brain you would know what I am talking about. For a baptism of an adult to be valid the adult must want to become Catholic. If not, it's an invalid baptism as opposed to a baptism of a baby which would be valid since a baby cannot choose on their own. I suppose one could argue Mother Theresa asking if the person wishes to get the "special ticket" to Heaven and the person replying with a "Yes." indicates they wish to be Catholic but that is kind of a stretch.

But what if one is baptized as a child in a non-Catholic church?  The child is not expressing desire to be Catholic, yet the Church accepts the baptism as valid (if trinitarian). 

The child is baptized into the Catholic Church and is a Catholic until he or she is old enough to reject the Catholic dogmas through accepting protestantism.