FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I just got back from my first TLM (Diocesan)!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
-swoons- :D

I went to a Low Mass today at Our Lady of Czestochowa in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada with my parents. To prepare ourselves, my father and I went to Confession about half an hour beforehand. We were early, so we joined the other parishioners in saying the Rosary. It was a lovely, solemn moment to set the tone for the evening service. Our collective intention was to increase the already rapid spread of the Tridentine Mass around the world. The church is beautiful. It has several icons, statues, candles, stained glass windows, two crucifixes...the works. One particularly eye-catching adornment is the embellished icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa in-between the two crucifixes. Soft lamplight lit the room and a gentle breeze blew through the slightly opened stained glass windows.

I was just captivated. The silence was a very welcome change to the usual dialogue, and the bells rang out so clean and clear that it made it very easy to raise the mind higher and higher to God.

I particularly enjoyed kneeling in front of the Communion rail as the bells rang out and the priest (a very kind and elderly man - please keep Father Bruno in your prayers) brought Jesus to us. It was such a beautifully intimate moment.

After Mass, my family talked to another family and felt very much at home. One of the ladies was quite surprised that this was my first Tridentine Mass, since I was able to keep up with relative ease.  They told us that the Rosary would be recited half an hour before the High Mass on Sunday, at 8:30 A.M.. My parents and I had already planned on going to the High Mass, but now we are going to go earlier for the Rosary to re-experience that cozy moment of chanting the prayer with the rest of the congregation.

It was absolutely amazing. I just cannot wait to go to the High Mass! :D
Good stuff, I am glad you had such a blessed experience. Here is to many more lol!
Excellent
Wow, Pax! Glad to hear about your wonderful experience. I hope you can attend regularly.
The Mass of the Ages is truly amazing.  At first it just seems beautiful and such...after a bit you'll realize the Novus Ordo just doesn't cut it anymore.  There's a definite objective difference between the two - the Novus Ordo can never be a replacement for the TLM.
That's great!
+JMJ+

Well be there the next two Sundays. 9am. Maybe we'll see you there! We'll be the family of six, four children, 3 girls, one boy... My wife and the girls all in mantillas! We tend to sit up front, on the right side. We are from Alberta. FSSP/Calgary.

Pray for this community. They could really use the FSSP, ICKSP... it'd also be nice to see the Benedictines in Muenster take the same path as those in Clear Creek, OK. Good group. I love the humilty. The simplicity of this community. And you are correct - it is a wonderful little church!

By the way... our collective intention of spreading the Tridentine Mass around the world... Same here!  God bless.

iHs
(08-28-2010, 06:34 PM)ruralpeace Wrote: [ -> ]+JMJ+

Well be there the next two Sundays. 9am. Maybe we'll see you there! We'll be the family of six, four children, 3 girls, one boy... My wife and the girls all in mantillas! We tend to sit up front, on the right side. We are from Alberta. FSSP/Calgary.

Pray for this community. They could really use the FSSP, ICKSP... it'd also be nice to see the Benedictines in Muenster take the same path as those in Clear Creek, OK. Good group. I love the humilty. The simplicity of this community. And you are correct - it is a wonderful little church!

By the way... our collective intention of spreading the Tridentine Mass around the world... Same here!  God bless.

iHs

Awesome!

We're from Moose Jaw. My mom will likely be wearing a black veil and I will be wearing a white one. My dad will likely be wearing a maroon dress shirt.

We'll see you there! God bless you, too! ^^

ResiduumRevertetur:

I will be able to attend a TLM once a month at a local SSPX chapel in Regina. =D
I tried to find this church years ago when I was in Saskatoon, but never could find it....
I will try and go the next time I am in Saskatoon.

Regarding the monks in Muenster, maybe someone else can give their opinion, who lives closer, but as far as I am aware they are all new-age and very modernist. Which is a shame because that area of Saskatchewan was very Catholic at one time, most families had near or over 10 children and the Church was the backbone of the community.

Now vocations have dried up and the youth are given to drugs and alcohol and families are in chaos.

However there are a few glimmers of hope. I was in Humboldt (a small city not far away) earlier this summer and ran into a nun who I found out after we talked was of a conservative mind set. I would imagine she would be tradition friendly....

Also one of the big catholic families of the area have a relative that is a SSPX priest... so perhaps something is perkelating below the surface, just needing something to ignite the return of the TLM?

As for the clergy, I am thinking they are generally a lost cause because half or more are from third world countries, given towards charismatic masses etc and the others are very old and too wrapped up in V2.

So sad!
"Regarding the monks in Muenster, maybe someone else can give their opinion, who lives closer, but as far as I am aware they are all new-age and very modernist. Which is a shame because that area of Saskatchewan was very Catholic at one time, most families had near or over 10 children and the Church was the backbone of the community."

The abbey at Muenster began it's rapid decline in the 60's... Which is why I pray they run out of modernist monks. I also pray they sell the abbey to the Benedictines of Clear Creek. Remember - it's a prayer!

Saskatoon may be the most "ecumenical" spot in Canada. The new "cathedral" looks to be a modernist, visual disaster. These are goor people of god rural stock, grossly mislead. All you have to do is take a glamce at the Prairie Messenger to know what Muenster's all about.

Humboldt, and towns like it would be great places for traditional Catholic families to consider, in terms of relocation. the more pople requesting the Tridentine Mass, the more likely it can become reality. And, they are affordable.  Right now, Saskatchewan is in porr shape. Prince Albert has nothing. The community in Saskatoon (diocesan) is wonderful, though. Humble. Decent. Hopeful. As for the clergy - third world, charismatic - spot on. So spot on, it's almost a bullseye.

"We're from Moose Jaw. My mom will likely be wearing a black veil and I will be wearing a white one. My dad will likely be wearing a maroon dress shirt.

We'll see you there! God bless you, too! "

Were you in the back, right side? I think I saw you all. We stay a bit after Mass to pray. I think I did see you three, though!

Pray for Saskatchewan. And Canada.
Pages: 1 2