FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Christian Murdered in Nothern Iraq After Ransom Paid: Islamic Justice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A glazier (by profession?) Christian was kidnapped and killed in northern Iraq, despite the payment of a ransom of 15,000 dollars per family, police said Friday.

The badly decomposed body of Louaï Barham al-Malik, an Assyrian glazier 35, was found in a vacant lot at Nimrud, 330 km north of Baghdad, said police Lt. Col. Mohammad al-Omar Joubouri.

He had recently been working in Hamdaniya, a predominantly Christian village, following threats and killings against this community in Mosul, the capital of Nineveh province.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...ed-in.html
Islamic justice... or criminal gangs.
(08-30-2010, 01:05 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]Islamic justice... or criminal gangs.

Considering the threats by your friends being leveled against the village, I'd say it's one in the same.

I fear the man of a single book.. (Aquinas?)

but what if the book is the Bible?

and who is the person who has only read ... or believed one book?

maybe you could explain that one to me? thanks. :)
(08-30-2010, 03:34 PM)mystified1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I fear the man of a single book.. (Aquinas?)

but what if the book is the Bible?

and who is the person who has only read ... or believed one book?

maybe you could explain that one to me? thanks. :)
it is possible that in aquinas time many a folk could barely read at all, and if they were muzzies they probebly were not allowed any other books.
The Catholic Church has the Bible yes, but the Bible does not stand alone...it is the lens of tradition that puts the bible in focus and context. Therefore Catholics do not have ONE book per se