FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Divine Intimacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody tell me about the meditation book Divine Intimacy? I've heard that it follows the liturgical year. Does that mean it has information on each feast and insights about them? Any info would be hekpful.
(08-30-2010, 06:45 PM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]Can anybody tell me about the meditation book Divine Intimacy? I've heard that it follows the liturgical year. Does that mean it has information on each feast and insights about them? Any info would be hekpful.

charlesh, in case you want, you can see the contents at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/reader/0895556766?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

As you can check, the meditation for each day is followed by a colloquy; and this also for feasts like "Epiphany", "Our Lady of Mount Carmel" and others. You can read there meditation and colloquy for the first Sunday of Advent and for the following Monday to see if you like.
I LOVE the Divine Intimacy. It gives so much insight but from a meditation point of view, not by way of factual information, so it depends on what perspective you are looking for. It follows the Liturgical Year day by day so that your meditations take on the life of the Church, which adds tremendous richness to them. I find the meditations and the prayers to be edifying yet down-to-earth and practical as well. They include quotes form a large variety of Saints' writings and scripture. The language used is formal enough to raise the mind and soul but it is still very easy to understand. The daily readings are not too long, not too short, they give you something to chew on throughout the day. I don't know what others think, but I would certainly recommend it.