FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Corapi on the problems in the Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was listening to Fr. Corapi on the way home from work tonight and he said that he doesn't give names but there is a theologian with a doctor in theology that was responsible for writing all the text books for catechism classes on the entire west coast. He was giving a talk and during his talk he said there were no angels, there is no devil, there is no purgatory because a loving God wouldn't cause pain and of course there is no Hell because no good God would send anyone to a place like that. Someone asked him if he even believed there was life after death and his answer was "I don't know." And this man is writing the catechism books for the Church...and you wonder why we have problems in the Church today.

He relayed a story about Arch Bishop Fulton Sheen about when he said in the 70s "If you want your kids to learn how to defend their Faith, send them to public school. If you want your kids to lose the Faith, send them to Catholic School."

Fr. Corapi then talked about how in many seminaries if a student prays the Rosary they are said to be dumb and simpletons. He mentioned that in many seminaries students were being taught immoral theology. He did say that the new group of seminarians are great and will make wonderful priests. He said the seminarians are smarter then the teachers. He said the teachers are old hippies that still smoke dope but the new batch of seminarians aren't taking their crap and are challenging these "teachers."

My grandchildren's Catechism books have sufficient coverage of the hell, purgatory, self denial and obedience. I know two professors from the Mundelen seminary, neither of them is smoking pot, and both teaches quit conservative view.
When Corapi starts disavowing VII, JPII and boola-boola US exceptionalism, then maybe I'll tune in. Just where does he think all this crap he complains about with the faith started?  Until then, he's just another 'conservative', both religiously and politically.
Petertherock Wrote:He said the teachers are old hippies

I'm always amazed at the hostility "hippies" receive from Christians. Why is this?
(09-02-2010, 10:10 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
Petertherock Wrote:He said the teachers are old hippies

I'm always amazed at the hostility "hippies" receive from Christians. Why is this?
I don't know, but it's a fair enough question. Conversely, I'm always amazed at the hostility Christians receive from "hippies". Why is this? Is turnabout fair play? Not really.
(09-02-2010, 10:43 AM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, but it's a fair enough question. Conversely, I'm always amazed at the hostility Christians receive from "hippies". Why is this? Is turnabout fair play? Not really.

I was too old too be hippy, or even to understand their motives, but they, even in the sixties filled the Churches with guitar Mass, and kept with their Masses. Their Christianity is certainly different from the traditionalist Christianity, but either the Scriptures and the XXI Ecumenical council in some way justify them.

John 14:2 In my Father's house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.
'Catholic' schools are a hoax these days. If I have to think back to the vile indoctrination I have had to witness there...
I believe homeschooling is the way to go in these times.
(09-02-2010, 12:05 PM)Exilenomore Wrote: [ -> ]'Catholic' schools are a hoax these days. If I have to think back to the vile indoctrination I have had to witness there...

Please be so kind and share with us the details of your (I suppose extensive) research to make such bold statement.
ResiduumRevertetur Wrote:I don't know, but it's a fair enough question.

Oddly enough the late, great Fr. Jo. O'Connor (d.2006) once said that the hippies would have made great Christians had many of them not gotten into drugs. The hippies - broadly speaking the '60s counterculture - were asking the social and philosophical question which the nominal Christians of America were too tradition-, routine-bound to ask.

Quote:Conversely, I'm always amazed at the hostility Christians receive from "hippies".

Has this been your experience? Do tell. My association with said folk - really free-spirits who see the world differently than most, not just potheads - has been positive. If anything there was an open-minded reception to what the Christianity had to say.
(09-02-2010, 01:18 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2010, 12:05 PM)Exilenomore Wrote: [ -> ]'Catholic' schools are a hoax these days. If I have to think back to the vile indoctrination I have had to witness there...

Please be so kind and share with us the details of your (I suppose extensive) research to make such bold statement.

The fact that our Archbishop had to say that he was going to make sure the catholic schools would teach catholicism again, says enough for me. Not to mention the revolt his statement aroused in teachers when they publically rebelled against him. When I was at the Sacred Heart School the only religion that was taught was how to 'feel good'. They encouraged contraceptives and didn't even dare to discourage premarital sex. On the extremely rare occasion they mentioned a catholic doctrine, they wholeheartedly mocked it by saying that it is no longer 'of this time'. I had to hear blasphemous remarks and attacks on the virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the virginal Conception of Christ.

This is the case in Belgium, but perhaps it isn't as bad where you live. I don't know that.
Pages: 1 2 3