FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St. Alphonsus in Baltimore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever been the EF at St. Alphonsus in Baltimore?  It's Sundays at 11:30.

I'll be heading up there this weekend, God willing.  The church looks absolutely beautiful (stalphonsusbalt.org/altararea.htm) so I have high hopes!

http://www.stalphonsusbalt.org/
Yes, I've been there many times. It's in on the edge of a rather poor section of Baltimore, the "Lexington Market" area, so be prepared. 

The mass is excellent.  The Schola is excellent. Try to sit in near the main aisle, there are very huge columns in the middle of some pews which obstruct the view if you sit too close to confessionals near the side aisles.

Every nook and cranny of the church is beautifully hand crafted and sculpted, I believe by the immigrants who originally started the church. Though, St Alphonsus is certainly worn and in need of restoring.  They are trying to raise money for the much needed repairs.

For parking, I reccomend the parking garage on west Franklin St between N. Charles St and Cathedral St.  This parking garage is near the Basicllica of the assumption and it also sort of across from the Unitarian Universalist church.  The parking garage is about 2 blocks from St Alphonsus.