FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: One in Four Girl Students Raped at College.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
As college students  gear up once again to taste the sweet freedom of the college campus, there's one thing they're not likely not focusing on: the probability that one out of four female college students will be raped before receiving a diploma.

A recent study from the Department of Justice estimated that 25 percent of college women will be victims of rape or attempted rape before they graduate within a four-year college period, and that women between the ages of 16 to 24 will experience rape at a rate that's four times higher than the assault rate of all women.

Watch the full story tonight on "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/college-...d=11410988
(09-07-2010, 09:10 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]As college students  gear up once again to taste the sweet freedom of the college campus, there's one thing they're not likely not focusing on: the probability that one out of four female college students will be raped before receiving a diploma.

A recent study from the Department of Justice estimated that 25 percent of college women will be victims of rape or attempted rape before they graduate within a four-year college period, and that women between the ages of 16 to 24 will experience rape at a rate that's four times higher than the assault rate of all women.

Huh, I guess the US military is a better choice after all.  It's 1 in 7 for them there.
(09-07-2010, 09:10 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]As college students  gear up once again to taste the sweet freedom of the college campus, there's one thing they're not likely not focusing on: the probability that one out of four female college students will be raped before receiving a diploma.

What counts as "rape" in this case?

In the modern feminist models, this can be a very broad definition.

(09-07-2010, 09:13 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: [ -> ]

Try reading the full article and watching the vid before commenting on it.
What counts as "rape" in this case?

In the modern feminist models, this can be a very broad definition.
(09-07-2010, 09:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Try reading the full article and watching the vid before commenting on it.

This is a forum. I was asking for more information on a thread which introduced an offsite source. If this question was answered in the article, then you could state that, or just copy some content over for me. If the question is meaningless is light of the article, then you could state that too.

Try remembering this is a forum.
(09-07-2010, 09:38 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2010, 09:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Try reading the full article and watching the vid before commenting on it.

This is a forum. I was asking for more information on a thread which introduced an offsite source. If this question was answered in the article, then you could state that, or just copy some content over for me. If the question is meaningless is light of the article, then you could state that too.

Try remembering this is a forum.

They site the source.  If you have doubts about its quality, look it up and read it rather than adumbrating the comments by suggesting something which may or may not be the case.  I know from my own anecdotal experience and reading that it's pretty commonplace.
Herr_Mannelig Wrote:What counts as "rape" in this case?

That was my question exactly. Anyone remember the Kobe Bryant case?

A seeming oversight by the ABC television editors said that 20% of folk were raped (again, pending the definition of 'rape').
The article is long and provides no proof for the statement in the subject of this thread. The article want to make the Dominican College responsible for a rape case.

In the US there are ten times as many lawyers than necessary, and their average income is five times of the average in the US. They want money. The reason for this article to convert significant part of your money spent in tuition to the income of this lawyers.

As for the claim in the subject, that is true only if we consider rape any case when the female dating voluntarily any time before the next few days resent her consent. In the Roman Law if the accuser was not able to prove his case he/she get the same punishment as the accused would earn. In the US the accusation cost nothing. Hopefully the time is coming then the false accusers and their advocates will be punished properly.
glgas Wrote:In the Roman Law if the accuser was not able to prove his case he/she get the same punishment as the accused would earn.

Why has this not been incorporated in the United States? I would imagine that this idea has been raised, if not in the legislature, in the universities. Does it have to do with English Law?
It is true that many women falsely accuse rape.  Someone very close to me was involved in such a situation.  This is a risk that men face when they act promiscuous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10