FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(09-14-2010, 12:12 AM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2010, 10:56 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for re-editing the pic of Angie, Pom. If there are any men on the forum tempted by a woman with snowflakes on her crotch they're probably beyond help.

[Image: frosty.gif%253Fw%253D259%2526h%253D277]
Edited out original comment d/t
Comment made before reading that DL had already made a Frosty STD comment...
Scipio_a Wrote:But as described in Candyland, many would try to surgically remove, with a chainsaw, entire genres of activities here on earth that we are allowed....I have even seen where we are basically to read nothing....because it is an occasion of sin...on the other forum....so you can see where that goes....most people are not quite so over zealous....but they mark the line way to restrictively anyhow.

Which thread are you referring to? By the way, the 1917 Code of Canon Law listed several kinds of books which were not to be read by the faithful (or by prelates, unless given permission by an Ordinary); see Can. 1399.

http://www.jgray.org/codes/cic17lat.html

To despise that which promotes or is merely neutral to sin is quite commendable.

(09-14-2010, 01:07 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]In the annual televised cartoon, Frosty always yells "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"  It's his catch phrase.

Some girl: "You gave me an STD!"
Frosty: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

:laughing: I've never heard his catchphrase used like that before!

Pomprincess,
May I kindly remind you that we are all sinners, Angelina Jolie included:

"If anyone shall say that a man once justified can sin no more, nor lose grace, and that therefore he who falls and sins was never truly justified; or, on the contrary, that throughout his whole life he can avoid all sins even venial sins, except by a special privilege of God, as the Church holds in regard to the Blessed Virgin: let him be anathema" (Council of Trent, Sess. VI, can. 23: Denz. 833/DS 1573).
(09-14-2010, 11:27 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]Pomprincess,
May I kindly remind you that we are all sinners, Angelina Jolie included:

"If anyone shall say that a man once justified can sin no more, nor lose grace, and that therefore he who falls and sins was never truly justified; or, on the contrary, that throughout his whole life he can avoid all sins even venial sins, except by a special privilege of God, as the Church holds in regard to the Blessed Virgin: let him be anathema" (Council of Trent, Sess. VI, can. 23: Denz. 833/DS 1573).

Well....being that all of us are sinners.....maybe we just will see our favorite celebs  when we die...heck we'll all see each other  ;)
We may see them but we won't care about that anymore, we will be in the presence of GOD (hopefully), the Author of any and all good that we experience here on earth. Anything or anyone we like here is but a shadow.

(09-14-2010, 01:38 PM)wallflower Wrote: [ -> ]We may see them but we won't care about that anymore, we will be in the presence of GOD (hopefully), the Author of any and all good that we experience here on earth. Anything or anyone we like here is but a shadow.

my doggies and my uncle too? O_o....I miss my doggies...and my uncle  :(

what about my mom? O_o forget about everyone? O_o *ish scared of death now....*....I no want to forget about everyone....! *headdesk*  I think of it more like a party up there actually....someone dies and everyone is in God's presence though they don't necessairly forget about each other...heck with as many family members of mine up there..I think of death as how I mom thinks of it like a big luao or somethin... ???...that's just meh though..how I picture heaven..though of course we won't really know fo sho until we get there :) and that is deh truth...
Your pets don't get to heaven. And if u keep your twisted worship of hollywierd celebs up u won't either
in charity
dk
(09-14-2010, 02:31 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Your pets don't get to heaven. And if u keep your twisted worship of hollywierd celebs up u won't either
in charity
dk

Yes, because pets are not rational creatures (man is alone in this species), they do not have immortal souls and therefore do not go to heaven when they die (Cf. St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, I, q. 75, a. 3 and a. 6).

There's one pet I had that I miss very much (Jesse, my Siberian Husky), but truth is truth. Even still, he glorified God with his existence.

P.S. - I wonder if Brendan Behan is a relative of mine?  :hmmm:
Pom, I believe we will love our relatives and friends with more intensity in heaven than we do on earth. The Bible tells us that our joy will be complete. I think that to say "we won't care" about anything else once we get to heaven is anti-biblical and anti-Christian. Don’t listen to people who make the Beatific Vision sound like an overdose of Prozak.

I also believe we’ll see animals and our beloved pets in heaven. No, they don’t have immortal souls like we do, but after the final resurrection there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Jesus said, "behold I make all things new." I believe the New Creation will be inhabited by all kinds of animals and flowers and plants. And because the Church does not have an official teaching on this, you are certainly allowed to believe it too. 
I dunno thavsounds fishy to me
sip sip
southpaw relAted to  ol brendon ah?
We need to have a sip one  day lad
sip sip

(09-14-2010, 03:26 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Pom, I believe we will love our relatives and friends with more intensity in heaven than we do on earth. The Bible tells us that our joy will be complete. I think that to say "we won't care" about anything else once we get to heaven is anti-biblical and anti-Christian. Don’t listen to people who make the Beatific Vision sound like an overdose of Prozak.

I also believe we’ll see animals and our beloved pets in heaven. No, they don’t have immortal souls like we do, but after the final resurrection there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Jesus said, "behold I make all things new." I believe the New Creation will be inhabited by all kinds of animals and flowers and plants. And because the Church does not have an official teaching on this, you are certainly allowed to believe it too. 

I'm sorry, maybe "care" was a poor choice of words. We won't be "obsessed" with nonsense like meeting favorite celebs. Is that better?

I find it curious that you think that being in the presence of God sounds like an overdose of Prozak. Maybe you need more understanding of Who exactly He is and why being in His presence is Heaven.

All the joys we have on earth, including our relationships, are but a taste (or foreshadowing) of God's goodness which we will fully possess in heaven. That means that in Heaven, in the presence of God, all those joys will be experienced to our fullest capacity within our possession of Him. Didn't think I had to spell that out but there you have it. No need for Prozak, everything will be better in Heaven, (who would've thunk it?) but because of God, not because of meeting Angelina Jolie.       

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17