FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(09-14-2010, 10:46 PM)wallflower Wrote: [ -> ]I know we agree on that point, which was what annoyed me. You implied that my post was anti-biblical, anti-Christian and described heaven as a Prozak overdose, yet you said pretty much the same thing I had said. Granted, I could have used a word other than "not care" or qualified that we will in be GOD-centered, therefore not as creature-centered as this thread very clearly is, but I think jumping to your critique off the bat was pretty harsh. That's why I felt like I had to spell out my initial post so you could see that it was very similar to yours in meaning if not in wording. My only difference was that I was stressing the GOD-centered part because that is the piece that I believe the OP is missing. If the prozak bit wasn't directed at me, I apologize for being touchy, it just came across that way.

We definitely agreed on the essentials, but had a lapse in communication and maybe I used an unfortunate term. The Prozak thing wasn't really directed at you. I said to Pom "don't listen to people" who think the Beatific Vision (heaven) is like "overdosing on Prozak" - which to me means numb, in la--la land, oblivous to everything but God. Your saying "not care" might have triggered my response but it wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you. Pom said she was afraid to go to heaven if it meant forgetting her mother - and my comment was really directed at her, to calm her fears and correct her misconceptions.

wallflower Wrote:Pom can imagine a luau all she wants. That post about her family came after my response. She was still stuck on "favorite celebs" (and we know who that is) when I responded that we won't care. If Pom is in heaven and Angelina is in hell, Pom will rejoice at the justice and glory of God. She will not be upset by Ange being in hell. She doesn't seem to want to understand that because she is very creature-centered right now. Our perspectives will be very different in heaven. That's what I should have said rather than "not care", I just didn't take the time. 

Yes, we won't be upset that some of our teen idols went to hell because we will be of one mind with God and will fully understand the perfection of his justice. This is something Pom can't grasp right now. I couldn't grasp it either when I was 20. Even now I can get horribly sad at the thought that I might not see certain people in heaven.

Quote: There's actually a flip-side to the prozak and perpetual Mass (aaagggghhh!) bit. Personally, and I know I have plenty of company on this, I hate parties. For me to imagine heaven as being a big party with a huge crowd to mingle with is actually hell. That's why it is so hard to imagine what Heaven will actually be. We can't imagine God yet we can imagine things we like, yet we all like different aspects of life and none of them are complete. Letting Pom imagine heaven as being a luau is no different from letting someone who loves Mass attendance imagine it is a perpetual Mass. That is not my take but using Scipio's example I see no difference in the principle of letting someone have that image if it's what brings them human comfort. Not only is theology involved in our ideas of Heaven but so are our personalities. I don't want to hear that it's a big party with all our senses thoroughly and simultaneously engaged anymore than Scipio wants to hear that it's a perpetual Mass, but somehow the good of both will be in perfect balance and enjoyed by all within the possession of the Beatific Vision. It's truly a mystery.

This must be why Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are many mansions."  :)  I'll elaborate a little more on my POV. You'll probably concur but I'll say it anyway. Most theologians agree that when Jesus walked the earth the vision of his Father was always before him. This didn't keep him from having compassion on the crowds, or from going to weddings, or from enjoying the company of his mother, his family and his disciples. So it shouldn't be any different for us when we actually live in God's presence.
From what I understand, we can experience everything that God created in a more complete fullness if we attain the Beatific Vision.  Since God's mind has no limits, and no time, and the Beatific Vision is knowing God's mind, we can see anyone or anything's entire lifespan, and see everything for what it truly is.  I think the real key to reaching Heaven is humility, and I think this is one of the concerns some have expressed for Pomprincess.  She comes across as quite proud of her "opinions" which are contrary to Church teachings, rather than having the humility to admit that she may be wrong, defer to the Church, or seek understanding for the Church's precepts.  Of course, humility is a difficult virtue to foster in oneself, and some who adhere to every precept of the Church, still have difficulties with it.
:(....I'm not so sure where I will end up...again its for God to decide where we will end up. As much as I hope to go to heaven. Although....there have been things that have crept up on me as of late that have become issues...I've learned to be a bit more open now with what my sexuality is and I'm afraid to admit to it...seeing that I do believe the church itself would disagree with me...I think I may just take a break from the site and talk more to people around me...because I think I've finally accepted who I am. *sighs* although I don't think my mom would understand either...
People, if you don't see that this girl is a troll, then you're blind. The cardinal rule when dealing with trolls: DO NOT FEED THE TROLL. Not with a single response, no matter what. Trolls eventually go elsewhere when they stop receiving the attention they so desperately crave.
I don't know about her.  She's been around here a long time for a troll.
(09-15-2010, 10:34 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]People, if you don't see that this girl is a troll, then you're blind. The cardinal rule when dealing with trolls: DO NOT FEED THE TROLL. Not with a single response, no matter what. Trolls eventually go elsewhere when they stop receiving the attention they so desperately crave.

>:( I'm NOT a TROLL Damnit!  >:( I'm simply a twenty something who's a bit lost O_o did I actually just admit to being lost. I just figured out my sexuality after talking to loads of friends who support me. I love God truly. I have a few things that I don't like about the church...although its what the holy rollers say....and hmm...I always will like Angelina Jolie no matter what..hey Brad Pitt ain't bad either though....neither is Don Cheatle. I've always been into the whole movie business...thats also why I'm still thinking of being a screenwriter...maybe even an actress....been thinking of signing up for some school plays here at my junior college :)
(09-15-2010, 10:35 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about her.  She's been around here a long time for a troll.

Because the troll will stay near a food source.
Pom, if you want to PM me I'll give you my email. We can exchange letters if you like. I have a 20 year old granddaughter (she's in my avatar) and in some ways you remind me of her.

I don't know if she likes Angelina, though. She probably doesn't know who she is.  :laughing:

At any rate, I'll keep you in my prayers.
(09-15-2010, 10:46 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if she likes Angelina, though. She probably doesn't know who she is.  :laughing:

Good for her!  I am impressed by that.
(09-15-2010, 10:42 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: [ -> ]Because the troll will stay near a food source.

Exactly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17