FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: In Defence of Islam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(12-19-2011, 05:28 AM)Jesusbrea Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2010, 10:25 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
cunctas_haereses Wrote:EPIC FAIL.

The Church has always taught that there is One Truth, and One Faith, and all other religions are of the DEVIL.

Period.

End of discussion.

If you do not believe this then you are not a Christian.

Not end of discussion. There is not a religion on the face of the earth which does not have elements of the true religion contained therein. Satanism acknowledges a spiritual dimension to reality, and atheism – if we may broadly use the word ‘religion’ to mean a take on the spiritual – values reason. Both these points – a spiritual aspect to reality and the love of the intellect - are dearly held by Christians. From there on out the religions of the world come closer and closer to Catholicism. When concerning Islam there is so much we have in common. The issue here is not if, “the Church has always taught that there is one truth, and one faith, and all other religions are of the devil.” The point is that while not compromising the Gospel message we should acknowledge what is true in other systems of belief, value them, and - should we be in a position to do so – use these elements as bridge when inviting others to Catholicism.

I'm sorry to have to resurrect this old thread but this left me stupified!.

Let me tell you something, Credo, what cunctas said it's absolutely TRUE, there is no compromising or disguising with pretty words and nuances and Vatican II poetry. As you said, Satanism HAS truths, does that not make it of the devil?, satan spoke truths when tempting Jesus in the desert (he even used scripture!), does this mean he isn't evil?. That's exactly the "beauty" of the evil one, he mixes truth with falsehood to create something that normal human beings with "common sense" can digest; he is not that stupid to just resort to downright lies because people wouldn't obviously fall for them. Religions other than Catholicism are there to distract people from their source of Grace; therefore, it doesn't matter whether called or said religion has so-and-so truth in it, it is still of the devil.

Period.

End of Discussion.
(09-16-2010, 11:57 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2010, 10:06 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
devotedknuckles Wrote:mohamadans claim many things such as Christ not being the messiah

Actually Muslims do believe Jesus is the messiah. Hence they have no scruples calling him Jesus Christ.

They believe He was a prophet, below moo in importance.
As for Jesus being a pacifist, explain (anyone) how did a pacifist come to drive out the money-changers from the temple?
Short answer....It wasn't a pacifist. We are not to be pacifists, one of the greatest evils a good man can do is allow evil men to committ evil acts.
Our Lord's own words were that He came not to bring peace, but the sword.

MetallicaFan needs to come back and seriously address the massive errors in his beliefs here.
(12-20-2011, 06:01 AM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]Our Lord's own words were that He came not to bring peace, but the sword.

MetallicaFan needs to come back and seriously address the massive errors in his beliefs here.

Isn't it a little late for that? I have not seen MetallicaFan post since his last post in this thread. I think he has long since moved on.
Yeah he hasn't been active since his last post in this thread. I think he moved on because he realised he had no real way to defend his opsition but was notprepared to accept the truth.
(12-20-2011, 06:56 PM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah he hasn't been active since his last post in this thread. I think he moved on because he realised he had no real way to defend his opsition but was notprepared to accept the truth.

Either that or he gave up hope on us!
lol
I have to travel however I will say this for now, Muslims and Islam are the eternal enemy of the West and Christendom; always have been, always will be.

My username, Vlad Tepes, was chosen for a reason and I have the Crusader's Cross tattoo'd on my chest for a reason.
(12-21-2011, 03:36 PM)Vlad Tepes Wrote: [ -> ]I have to travel however I will say this for now, Muslims and Islam are the eternal enemy of the West and Christendom; always have been, always will be.

My username, Vlad Tepes, was chosen for a reason and I have the Crusader's Cross tattoo'd on my chest for a reason.

Where were you when the crypt was full?
(12-21-2011, 03:36 PM)Vlad Tepes Wrote: [ -> ]My username, Vlad Tepes, was chosen for a reason and I have the Crusader's Cross tattoo'd on my chest for a reason.

Vlad was a sadistic monster, though.

Useful against the Turks but not much more. He was a rather detestable character.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10