FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: help a sponsor out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

A friend of mine is in the process of converting to the Church.  He grew up episcopal, but did a few years of Catholic college and knows a bit.  I feel that his spirit has a really solid foundation and he's been searching in this direction for all the right reasons.  Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to be the best sponsor possible in helping to guide him on this path?  books, prayers, concepts, ideas- anything Catholic I could send his way.
(09-15-2010, 05:59 PM)legendofheasty Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone!

A friend of mine is in the process of converting to the Church.  He grew up episcopal, but did a few years of Catholic college and knows a bit.  I feel that his spirit has a really solid foundation and he's been searching in this direction for all the right reasons.  Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to be the best sponsor possible in helping to guide him on this path?  books, prayers, concepts, ideas- anything Catholic I could send his way.

My wife is learning from John Hardon SJ Pocket Catholic Catechism and the Modern Catholic Dictionary also from Hardon. Both available from sources, and both represent the good old traditional times
Very nice post. This will help possible client to get a quality  person.
Are we being invaded by the proto-type Cylons ? They are getting closer every day to being coherent. I'm spooked !
tim
Other than a Rosary the best "Catholic" gift I got was a small "Imitation of Christ." Fits in my purse so I can pull it out anytime for some spiritual nourishment.

:pray: For you and your friend.