FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: POPE SENDS BISHOP PETER SARTAIN OF JOLIET TO SEATTLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know how Bishop Sartain is from being in his diocese?
(09-16-2010, 12:06 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know how Bishop Sartain is from being in his diocese?

This one was an interesting one. The rumored Bishop that was to replace His DISgrace in Seattle was actually a very solid not only Traditional friendly but actually is advancing it in the Diocese of Fargo that being of course His Grace Bishop Aquila. Unfortunately it seems to many people got hold of the news too early in the process and what would have been a great pick after the debacle at Spokane has fizzled. The only good part is that Bishop Aquila is def on the radar and  big things in his future.

About Bishop Sartain, okay he is not a bad Bishop that being said he is not a great one either. He will def revive vocations and he is not against Tradition he did raise up the FSSP in both Little Rock which would have been considered unthinkable by his predecessor as well as in Joliet. That being said he is very much middle of the road, live and let live type of Bishop. Again he will not oppose Tradition but he will not advance it unlike Bishop Aquila it either.  He is not completely neutral in the matter he is one of the few Bishops that I have seen that promoted the SP in his homepage.

All in all he is a bit better than mediocre don't expect much to change. Unless Rome says something in which case he will tow the line. If anything he will not fight Rome.
Hopefully Bishop Aquila being of Spanish heritage will be sent to fill the vacant see in San Antonio.
Please give us some examples how Bishop Aquila is implementing Summorum POntificum in the Fargo Diocese?
http://soberinebriation.blogspot.com/200...ensen.html

Not only that but he has surrounded him self with people loyal to the Holy See like Father Christensen.
(09-16-2010, 05:29 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Please give us some examples how Bishop Aquila is implementing Summorum POntificum in the Fargo Diocese?

This is my  bishop  :):):)  and I attend mass at  the cathedral.  I have to say that I really don't want to lose Bishop Aquila. 

http://www.fargodiocese.org/parish/Extra...Masses.htm