FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Polish Government Plans Shutdown of Radio Maryja
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Editor: Earlier we saw that the Polish government was ready to vote on a proposal to enthrone Christ the King of Poland. The proposal was defeated earlier with the help of the Bishops, but it might be passed this time, without the Bishop's approval.

Now, the government is threatening to close down 'Radio Maryja' and a former Polish Prime Minister offers his thought as to why.

Catholic Radio is to Disaappear

Poland [kreuz.net] The National Advisory Board is ready to destroy the Catholic broadcaster 'Radio Maryja'. That was according to Polish politician and former Prime Minister, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, on Friday in an interview with 'Radio Maryja', the government is in "panic for fear of the truth", which the radio station transmits. The Supervisory Board maintains that 'Radio Maryja" uses advertising. That is, however, forbidden because of the non-profit status of the broadcaster.

Link:

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...wn-of.html
I wouldn't be surprised if the Polish Bishops suggested this to the National Advisory Board. Show's a great deal of insecurity if you ask me.
Isn't this the same radio station which got in trouble last year for political commentary ?
tim
(10-03-2010, 11:16 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this the same radio station which got in trouble last year for political commentary ?
tim

I believe so. It might have already been two years ago. I think E. Michael Jones may have commented on it during one of his broadcasts with the Brownson Group that is available on his site as a download. But I think this station, Radio Marjya has also been accussed of Anti-Semitism recently.
Oh, no, offend the Jews?  Shut em down!
Augie I'm sure you know this. There's a difference between showing the facts concerning Judaism and anti-semitism. Moreover you condemn everything which has to do with the post-councilar church, yet not these Poles. Are they SSPX'ers or are they post-councilar like all the rest ? Don't they have Polka Masses there like they do here and in Milwaukee for the Poles and Germans ?
tim
I'm not surprised. A few years ago, the Polish bishops were pushing for Communion in the hand. Then, the Wieglus affair became public. Connect the dots.
(10-03-2010, 11:05 AM)Christopher Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't be surprised if the Polish Bishops suggested this to the National Advisory Board. Show's a great deal of insecurity if you ask me.

Exactly that radio station just taught the truth so the Polock "Bishops" want it shut down. Like all Conciliar "Bishops" they are Apostates from the true Catholic faith and are controlled by the Jews so since this station is deemed anti chosen ones its gotta go.
Sounds like EWTN to me.  The Bishops hate EWTN here, but they can't get help as much from their masters in Washington, because EWTN is privately held and they don't do much campaigning for Repugnican politicians either.
(10-03-2010, 05:29 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like EWTN to me.  The Bishops hate EWTN here, but they can't get help as much from their masters in Washington, because EWTN is privately held and they don't do much campaigning for Repugnican politicians either.
The homo US Bishops even tried once to have a liberal rival network but nobody watched it and it went belly up.