FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What causes people to be insulting on a Catholic forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Good night, Augustine.
(10-06-2010, 11:51 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]Good night, Augustine.

Yeah, nice double-standard.  I know, I'll define my insults as fraternal correction... that's the ticket.
Traditionalists aren't going to be purged of their meanness till they spend  centuries in Purgatory. :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
(10-06-2010, 01:30 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Traditionalists aren't going to be purged of their meanness till they spend  centuries in Purgatory. :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

Traditionalists are no exception, true, but this doesn't exclusively apply to them. Kindness is the language of heaven and charity covers a multitude of sins. We would do well to do both. But we must not confuse charity with "niceness". Some of the most charitable actions aren't necessarily "nice" according to the world's standards. However, charity is often kind.
(10-06-2010, 10:41 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't it be said that 4 out of 10 Americans worship Satan through their worship of the material? There is only one prince of this world, after all, and the best trick he ever pulled was in convincing people he doesn't really exist.

That could be said, but that is not what the OP said.

What he said was nutbar lunacy.
Clarity of vision, a sound judge of character?
what causes it?
pseudo-anonymity and distance.

The filter people have when talking face to face with someone is removed via internet communication. It simply makes it easier to really say what you are thinking while completely disregarding the person receiving the comment. It's like the whole world has Asperger's and just says what they think because they don't think about  care about or understand the repercussions.
(10-06-2010, 08:57 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]On the Fisheaters there are scandal merchants which deal in innuendo and insinuation. They post anything to get the fisheaters riled up. When it is pointed out that what they have posted is without substance, their greek chorus comes to the rescue and repeats in unison what ever scandal is being pushed.

Any reference to a Greek chorus is hilarious; this one is especially awesome.  :laughing:
What exactly are the repecussions?

If DK said something about my mother in a bar I might punch him in the teeth.  (Just kidding DK because I know you can take it)

Here it is water of a duck's back.  I am not going to track down his IP address or even send him a rude PM because he is 4000 miles away.  What is the point.   Why not just let it slide?  It is a good lesson in humility.

Why are some of you people such touchy, sensitive pansies?  You're supposed to be soldiers and you get insulted by some hastily typed rebukes.  Goodness me, man up why don't you?  If the insult is true, then consider it, if it is false ignore it.

Our grandfathers had bullets and bombs thrown at them and they didn't whine like some of you.
(10-06-2010, 06:07 PM)mom Wrote: [ -> ]It's like the whole world has Asperger's and just says what they think because they don't think about  care about or understand the repercussions.

It could be worse...it could be real life where the whole world does not have Asperger's and is incredibly judgemental and cruel to those who are minorly different.

This statement does not describe Asperger's at all and is insulting. People with Asperger's do not have the same in-built social understanding that others may have, but everything else is the same. A person without Asperger's in a situation where they do not understand society is usually in the exact same position as a person with Asperger's. Assuming you are not Chinese, if you were given understanding of the Chinese languages (not their culture!), and then sent alone to China to live, you would display the same characteristics. You would be able to effectively communicate with words in a technical sense, but you would require more effort to understand idiom (Chinese is loaded with them) and culture of the Chinese people. If no one ever explained it to you, and you had to figure it out by trial and error, you would display the same delay in learning as a person with Asperger's, or you may also be just as stressed out or become apathetic (after all, no matter how good you got, it would always be obvious you were not Chinese).

I'm assuming you are not in fact Chinese. If you are, 塞翁失馬 (literally, "old man lose horse"). This makes perfect sense to those with the understanding of Chinese culture (and language). Imagine being in a culture of such people who refuse to follow an easily determined pattern and who seem persistent in making life miserable for those who are slightly different!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10