FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What causes people to be insulting on a Catholic forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-06-2010, 08:17 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I used to let things slide but every friggin time I want to post something I think is interesting to put it out there just to see peeps thoughts the same few cadres show up and go all ad hominum (youll see itll happen here)..its not being thin skinned when constantly insulted by the same few trolls. Meanwhile a perfectly interesting topic goes to hell. I feel socioty has forced people to suppress their thoughts, and feminism has destroyed the male culture of talking politics and religion into...just talk about your nice football games deeries. You know how many time me and couple of male relatives or friends are at a family event...and we are just enjoying ourselves passionatly discussing the politics of the day...and in come the woman to break it up....well of course I try to keep going but the feminised ones put a lid on it....IMO
So what causes me to be insulting is being insulted (not just shined on messed with) but a deliberate insult meant to stifle a good discussion.

Discussing religion and politics at a social gathering has been considered rude since long before feminism came into existence. It's a shame that so few people respect this rule of etiquette. because it exists for a good reason.

I'm mean, seriously....go to a pub. That's why they were invented. Don't ruin the family gathering by shouting your opinions and making everyone uncomfortable.
(10-06-2010, 09:01 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2010, 08:17 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I used to let things slide but every friggin time I want to post something I think is interesting to put it out there just to see peeps thoughts the same few cadres show up and go all ad hominum (youll see itll happen here)..its not being thin skinned when constantly insulted by the same few trolls. Meanwhile a perfectly interesting topic goes to hell. I feel socioty has forced people to suppress their thoughts, and feminism has destroyed the male culture of talking politics and religion into...just talk about your nice football games deeries. You know how many time me and couple of male relatives or friends are at a family event...and we are just enjoying ourselves passionatly discussing the politics of the day...and in come the woman to break it up....well of course I try to keep going but the feminised ones put a lid on it....IMO
So what causes me to be insulting is being insulted (not just shined on messed with) but a deliberate insult meant to stifle a good discussion.

Discussing religion and politics at a social gathering has been considered rude since long before feminism came into existence. It's a shame that so few people respect this rule of etiquette. because it exists for a good reason.

I'm mean, seriously....go to a pub. That's why they were invented. Don't ruin the family gathering by shouting your opinions and making everyone uncomfortable.

My family discusses religion and politics. I guess we agree to break the convention. life's too short not to discuss the important issues, methinks
(10-06-2010, 09:01 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm mean, seriously....go to a pub. That's why they were invented. Don't ruin the family gathering by shouting your opinions and making everyone uncomfortable.

LOL, you must have been a fly on the wall when my dad and I discussed religion or politics.  Everyone would leave the room because of all the table-pounding and yelling.  We were great fun at family gatherings, not.

We got along great except for those two topics.  If only he hadn't been so wrong about both, we would have gotten along better.  ;D

Everyone should talk about the weather. People are too passionate about everything else.

(10-06-2010, 09:12 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2010, 09:01 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm mean, seriously....go to a pub. That's why they were invented. Don't ruin the family gathering by shouting your opinions and making everyone uncomfortable.

LOL, you must have been a fly on the wall when my dad and I discussed religion or politics.  Everyone would leave the room because of all the table-pounding and yelling.  We were great fun at family gatherings, not.

We got along great except for those two topics.  If only he hadn't been so wrong about both, we would have gotten along better.  ;D

Do we belong to the same family?  ??? :laughing:

The worst is when the men bring their argument into the kitchen. That's unforgivable.
(10-06-2010, 09:16 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2010, 09:12 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

Do we belong to the same family?  ??? :laughing:

The worst is when the men bring their argument into the kitchen. That's unforgivable.

Unforgiveable.

[Image: sandwichblack-test.jpg]
(10-06-2010, 09:13 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone should talk about the weather. People are too passionate about everything else.

With work colleagues, I agree. Although they started going on about astrology and I began lambasting it as a ridiculous and useless practice and everyone was surprised and laughing that I was kicking up such a cloud of dust.

But when I'm with other Christians, I don't want to limit talk to the weather
(10-06-2010, 09:13 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone should talk about the weather. People are too passionate about everything else.
That's the problem with the world today - everyone wants to talk aboutthe weather but nobody wants to do anything about it!

Thanks for the set-up, herr!  ;D
About the weather, I was actually just mocking social standards about talking a lot about nothing.

People don't talk to share information, but to "bond".
I'm not sure what the deal is with the chicken sandwich shirt but I love it.  :laughing:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10