FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What causes people to be insulting on a Catholic forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-10-2010, 07:24 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ];D

but you are forgetting that I can use while as a noun.

So "a while" could have been "a time". . ."a bit" or "a peice"

You spelled "piece" wrong.  :P
(12-04-2010, 10:34 PM)dominusexsurgat Wrote: [ -> ]

I before E except after C
(12-04-2010, 10:38 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]

And in words like neighbor and weigh.

We need Snoopy with his mouth harp...
(12-04-2010, 11:49 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

We need Snoopy with his mouth harp...

Ah, here it is:

(12-04-2010, 11:49 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

Exceptions: Foreigners may sieze upon their leisure moments, either to reach new heights, or to do something weird, or neither. Also, caffeine.
Catholic education at any level is a gladius, it can cut going in and coming out. They give us a so much better education, it's like giving  tomahawk missiles to the aztecs.
tim
Having just received an infraction from another forum for what was perceived as an insuling post, let me say that not everyone who appears to be offensive means to be so. Remember, the printed word, since it lacks visual and other sensual cues, may not convey accurately what the writer intends. In turn, writer is not seeing the reaction her words are having on the "room." These cues allow modulation and correction to bring everyone back to charity. It is better to ignore one's feelings and assume good intentions or simply avoid engaging those who are obviously provocative in conversation. I believe in the free exchange of ideas, but I also recognize that in a decidedly Catholic forum, we and the mods need to pay attention to how the forum might be perceived by outsiders. Clear insults should not be tolerated in a Christian forum. Name-calling and invective are frequently the last resort of those losing an argument. There are plenty of political forums (or fora, for the classicists, among us) that tolerate invective and so-called "hate speech." Here, we Catholics should demonstrate charity, patience, humility, gentleness--you know, LOVE.
Yes and ertsin cultures have more a hard hitting rubbing then others ie if u ver been in a pub wih some sippin lads oe purbto karoke with some Japanese u know the difference sippin aside the Japanese can't take a joke
or wasp prod Canada lol God forgot to gie the. A funny Bone. The list is endliss
love sure but also learn to take a joke and have thick skin
my O2
(10-06-2010, 08:01 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]The frequent trolling here on FE makes it difficult to want to keep posting.

Yes, I'm getting to that point.

(10-06-2010, 07:41 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps if what went on here didn't matter much, something like football or knitting.

Well, Augstine Baker, I'd have to say that Fisheaters does matter much to me.  Why?  Well, I have only one close friend I know and have hung out with in person, and he lives 200 miles away to the north.  That's about it.  All the other friends are atheists, agnostics, or folks who claim to be protestant, but don't even go to church.
    So, I've come to the Fisheaters.  For over a year now, I've come to this forum and shared ideas with folks here and tried to rub elbows.  Fisheaters are one of the few kinds of people I can actually communicate with in terms of our Faith and issues.  If I try to talk about God and His relation to our society with surrounding family (excluding immediate family--the wife and kids) or friends, it's like talking to a wall. 
    People tell me stuff here, and I digest it and return the conversation.  It's nice to not be as isolated as I was when I was a young kid.

(10-06-2010, 08:17 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I used to let things slide but every friggin time I want to post something I think is interesting to put it out there just to see peeps thoughts the same few cadres show up and go all ad hominum (youll see itll happen here)..its not being thin skinned when constantly insulted by the same few trolls. Meanwhile a perfectly interesting topic goes to hell. I feel socioty has forced people to suppress their thoughts, and feminism has destroyed the male culture of talking politics and religion into...just talk about your nice football games deeries.

Yeah.  Topics get derailed a lot on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10