FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Real Catholic TV on homosexuals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I thought this was a surprisingly good video and, while I think calling homosexuals "victim souls" might be going a bit far, it's an interesting take on the issue nonetheless.

I thought it was very compassionate but it was a little off the mark in not clearly delineating that God has not created people to be homosexuals.  That's a disorder that he has allowed to occur, not directed to occur.  He will always provide grace to avoid sin or even end the inclination. despite the protestations of those that don't want to believe that.
(10-08-2010, 02:28 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]He will always provide grace to avoid sin or even end the inclination. despite the protestations of those that don't want to believe that.

You know, a year ago I wouldn't have agreed with this, but I'm starting to see that you're right.
Dude, I just can't do it. From the moment the pic and caption came up, I felt like hitting the screen... then I started listening to him for about 10 seconds. Will now, out of "charity", try listening to the whole thing, but doubt I'll get anywhere beyond my initial reaction.

What the hell is with trads and homosexuality on this site for the last year or so???!
disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I wish I hadn't heard the whole thing. For one thing, if that isn't "modernism" at it's worst I don't know what is. I'll refrain from saying what else I'd like to say.

What the hell is going on here? A "traditional Catholic" forum that is being very "inclusive" and "tolerant" to people who "share" the same diabolical issues? It's one thing to be nice, and another to call a spade a spade.
(10-08-2010, 04:55 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I wish I hadn't heard the whole thing. For one thing, if that isn't "modernism" at it's worst I don't know what is. I'll refrain from saying what else I'd like to say.

What the hell is going on here? A "traditional Catholic" forum that is being very "inclusive" and "tolerant" to people who "share" the same diabolical issues? It's one thing to be nice, and another to call a spade a spade.

i don't understand your reaction to the video at all. The Church has always been against homosexual sins, but has always been compassionate towards those who struggle with homosexual tendencies. An SSPX priest told me of two men whom he knows struggle with being attracted to each other, but their situation is very much like what Mr Voris has outlined: they live a life of chastity and remain faithful to Church teachings despite the temptations.

I don't think Mr. Voris is being "nice" at the expense of charity. And your comments about the forum are unjustified: we are not being tolerant about homosexual sins for that matter. Surely people who struggle against acting on homosexual tendencies are not sinning: they are called to a life of chastity and deserve our admiration. We don't have their crosses, and do not understand what they are going through as they struggle to keep teachings that we may find easy.

I have also heard from friends who know a lot of homosexuals, and the one thing they noted most of all was how these people claim that they have not "chosen" their sexual preferences. Whether its true or not, this highlights the fact that there is more to the claim that homosexuals are just following their instincts stubbornly and could easily change their preferences if only they want to.

I know the thing about being a victim soul is a bit overblown, but great video. Mr Voris, keep up the good work. =)
(10-08-2010, 04:55 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I wish I hadn't heard the whole thing. For one thing, if that isn't "modernism" at it's worst I don't know what is. I'll refrain from saying what else I'd like to say.

I'm confused. What did Mr. Voris say that you think is modernism or that you disagree with so strongly? Personally I disagree with him that homosexual catholics are more intensely loved by God than others because they have a heavy cross to carry, I think we should just treat chaste homosexuals the way we'd treat any other Catholic. They're neither better or worse than the normal heterosexual Catholic. What do you propose?
Well, I'm confused too. I have only uncharitable things to say about "Mr Voris" and the barrow he pushes, so will refrain.
(10-08-2010, 05:51 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm confused too. I have only uncharitable things to say about "Mr Voris" and the barrow he pushes, so will refrain.

Let me ask you this; what then is the 'right' trad answer?  I probably would agree with a harsher stance against sodomites (at a minimum, kicking them back in the closet where they belong), so dont be squeamish about how you think he should react.

Don't sugar coat it Benno, come right out and say what you really feel!  :laughing:

I completely agree.

Nobody is a "chaste homosexual", there is no such thing for if there was, they would not be homosexual. 

He starts out: "We all know the Church's teaching" - then that's where the truth stopped as he proceeds to promote sympathy and sainthood of homo's, not conversion - honors them with the label, "victim souls", modeling them after Our Lady - even the Crucifiction.

No mention of what the Church teaching is, no mention of homo's needing the Sacraments, Our Blessed Mother, the  Church, etc. worse than the rest of us, no mention of how they can overcome the sin, no mention of them needing our prayers and sacrifices - - he offers no solution because, according to him, they are poor suffering homo's, the stuff of which saints are made. HA!

Typical modernist garbage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9