FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Barney Basilica Attacks: Liberal Catholics in Minneapoli
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

When St. Paul was talking about a "light on the hill" this wasn't what he had in mind. Rather, it's the kind of edifice that says something very definitive in an ambiguous way about what the Priests of the Archdiocese have long said about the importance of "sexual orientation". Instead, they tell us that there are other issues that are more pressing, like their heavily subsidized "social justice" ministries.

There were reports of a downtown Basilica in the News. Some people were wondering why the Basilica is "Purple". The last time we'd seen these lights was in the Spring of 2008. The Pastor, perhaps thinking that no one would remember the last time these lights were on, insists that they are glowing on behalf of "Breast Cancer Awareness", hardly a suitable use for a church.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...tacks.html
The Bishop is in a head to head collision with the liberals in his diocese I just hope that God gives him the strenght to act as what he is suppose to be a Bishop of the Church.

This would be a good time to pray for him.  :pray:
(10-09-2010, 01:01 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]The Bishop is in a head to head collision with the liberals in his diocese I just hope that God gives him the strenght to act as what he is suppose to be a Bishop of the Church.

This would be a good time to pray for him.  :pray:
:pray:
The last time these lights were on was 2008 in the Summer, not any time near "Breast Cancer Awareness".  Any time they're on, they sure look, well, gay.

[Image: n1443738409_30271059_4120714.jpg]
I don't know anything about this. Is it likely that your bishop will take an orthodox stand against the nonsense?
(10-09-2010, 01:40 PM)cathkath Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know anything about this. Is it likely that your bishop will take an orthodox stand against the nonsense?

He already inspired the pastor to fire the "artist in residence" there, but now he's (Basilica Rector) got these purple lights up.   

During Basilica Rector's homily the week it happened he encouraged dissenters to remain within the church to "change the church". 

In any event, it will take time to get rid of these people.   they also had a presence at the "gay pride" event ... allegedly to bring back wandering souls, but it looks more like the promise to meet like-minded singles for other than holy purposes. In any event, the rainbow sticker prominently displayed on their placard kind of makes it difficult to come up with any other conclusion...

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...t-gay.html
I will pray for him :pray2: