FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sixth Canadian Woman Ordained as Catholic "Priest"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And the heretics rear their heads towards an 84% Catholic province...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/Quebec...story.html

The Subject should read dumb Dyke becomes invalid Priest so she can simulate an invalid mass.
Quebec hasn't been catholic for generations! It is hebprovence whch leads and has lead alll hebother in either legalizing abortion sodomite rights or euthanasia
it is one of the most secular places on the planet. What ever it is it sure Ian catholic
orange Ontario is more catholic  then Quebec lol
The tragedy of our culture is that due to the abusive media the exception is taken as norm.

I am always wondering why this groyo like to chew on the non characteristic negatives, like the sixth priest of a new protestant denomination
(10-10-2010, 06:10 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Quebec hasn't been catholic for generations

Well, they're Catholic in name, anyway.
I really haven't given this much attention.  Who is U.S. "bishop" Andrea Johnson and how did she(?) acquire that title?  Weren't those first ordinations that happened on a boat somewhere claimed to have been done by an actual Catholic bishop who they would not name?  Have they all been officially excommunicated by the Vatican?
I live in Quebec - someone brought up this story at the 18-35 yrs old discussion group tonight. The priest who was leading the group did his seminary in Rome and he was telling us that the media has a terrible bias against the church - and it's so true. He was saying that the first slip-up the church makes, it's all over the front page, but if someone's name is cleared they don't bother talking about it. Similarly, this story is non-news in the sense that we're talking six schismatics. A rosary crusade has much more impact... but ya won't see that in the headlines.  >:(

The 84% of Quebecers being Catholics obviously refers to baptism. I find this immensely frustrating. I have acquaintances who have undergone sacramental marriages in the last year and yet they never go to church. When I challenge them about it, they just brush it off. One says she finds mass boring. The other says that she doesn't believe that the failure of Sunday obligation is a mortal sin. Man, they're going to hell because of their blindness and torpor.  :(

Lastly, the unbelievable idealism and modernity/post-modernity of these women defies comprehension. I attended the Salvation Army from 1996-1998. They don't believe in any sacraments. And yet there were pastors there who would tell me "oh, stick around, we'll change things from within". Newsflash: it ain't gonna happen. Similarly, when I fell in love with the Breviary in 2008-2009 I wasn't going to try and convince my Evangelical anti-rosary pastor to start having Liturgy of the Hours prayer meetings. I crossed the Tiber. And so too these "ladies" should call a spade a spade and become Anglicans/Episcopalians already.  :pazzo:
(10-10-2010, 08:02 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: [ -> ]I really haven't given this much attention.  Who is U.S. "bishop" Andrea Johnson and how did she(?) acquire that title?  Weren't those first ordinations that happened on a boat somewhere claimed to have been done by an actual Catholic bishop who they would not name?  Have they all been officially excommunicated by the Vatican?

by their acts they automatically incur excommunication.

Yes, I wonder who was this actual bishop that is not named (even though it is probably a figment of their imagination) from last year's ordination, err excommunications. 
The headline makes no sense. The article it self contradicts it, let us follow the facts.

1. The Vatican does not recognize ordination of women as priests.
2. A Catholic priest can only be ordained by a Catholic Bishop
3. An Anglican Bishop ordained the woman
4. The Catholic Church views Anglican orders as null and void.

Logically speaking how do these facts turn out to be "6th Roman Catholic female priest ordained."?
(10-10-2010, 09:01 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]The headline makes no sense. The article it self contradicts it, let us follow the facts.

1. The Vatican does not recognize ordination of women as priests.
2. A Catholic priest can only be ordained by a Catholic Bishop
3. An Anglican Bishop ordained the woman
4. The Catholic Church views Anglican orders as null and void.

Logically speaking how do these facts turn out to be "6th Roman Catholic female priest ordained."?

From what I gathered in the article, they used an Anglican church for the ordination. I could be wrong, though.

Pages: 1 2