FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Fellay: Mass & talk last night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I had the extraordinary privilege last night of assisting at a Mass offered by Bishop Fellay near Dallas, and then subsequently attending a dinner/talk with him - along with about 200 other people. His talk was golden. He's a holy, saintly man, utterly magnetic.

One of the striking things he said is that before Benedict's pontificate, things were in freefall. Now, there's a parachute. Benedict is surrounded by men who seek to and who do indeed block him. The struggling innovators of Vatican II are still in the majority and will fight hard to remain so. Pray for perseverance and courage from Pope Benedict.

On the more hopeful side, he talked about some significant positive changes in the last ten years or so. For example, ten years ago it would have been unthinkable that he would receive calls from Novus Ordo bishops about how to introduce the traditional Mass in their parishes. He also made it clear that the SSPX has a significant number of allies within the Vatican.

I wish I could post a video of the whole wonderful talk.
That's encouraging news!  Thanks for posting it!
Let us pray for Bishop Fellay
Also let us pray for the Holy Father.
(10-13-2010, 06:01 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Let us pray for Bishop Fellay

Most definitely. If only there were more like him.

Speaking of which:

See the rest on youtube.
Wow I was right.

I mean it was pretty obvious from what I have been reading but its nice to feel vindicated.

Yes let us pray for the Pope and good Bishop Fellay.
The good Bishop Fellay also told us when he came to Singapore to bless the new chapel and give the Confirmations that the Pope has many clergy opposing him in Rome and beyond when he tries to implement changes for the better.

He was also very nice to the children, especially those who surrounded him out of curiousity. Overall, a very gentle and yet resolute man whom I am glad is heading the SSPX.
A good time to remember that God is in charge, and I think He put Bishop Fellay in charge for a reason. Smile
(10-13-2010, 03:01 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]I had the extraordinary privilege last night of assisting at a Mass offered by Bishop Fellay near Dallas, and then subsequently attending a dinner/talk with him - along with about 200 other people. His talk was golden. He's a holy, saintly man, utterly magnetic.

Now you know what I'm talking about.
How long has it been predicted that Fellay would "sell out" the SSPX?  I think around 7 years now.  He hits like a machine gun.  It just doesn't stop.  If only he were Pope.  AND, he is level headed.  A great bishop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5