FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Will eating half a stick of butter a day make you smarter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hope so, because my family eats lots of butter. We hate vegetable oil.
Eating fats triggers a satiated feeling, while eating sugar, especially in concentrated amounts, sends the body into unnatural spikes that the liver and pancreas fight to regain control of.  In time, these spikes are handled less and less efficiently and the person becomes very hungry, which is the body's effort to bring it back to equilibrium.  It is the hunger-inducing quality of sugar that makes people fat, and the satiation-inducing quality of fat that nourishes people.  Just think about how our ancestors, or indigenous people eat.. not much candy in the wild.

So yes, fat will make you fat, if you eat lots of it.  But you likely won't because 100 calories of butter will be much more satisfying than 100 calories of sugar.
miss_fluffy I concede.  Half a stick of butter is only 400 calories.  I was thinking the study meant adding the half stick to an existing food plan.  But if its consumption is spread throughout the day does not add to the usual caloric intake, that is a different story.

I have actually started a very strict no refined sugar, no juice, very limited fruit and carb diet and am feeling very much better.  Have lots of weight to lose, and I don't feel hungry.  So I do see what you are saying.

Satori  Agreed. We only use butter and olive oil here.

(10-15-2010, 05:13 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Excess calories ≠ getting fat.

That is all.

Then what happens to them?
(10-16-2010, 01:04 PM)orate Wrote: [ -> ]miss_fluffy I concede.  Half a stick of butter is only 400 calories.  I was thinking the study meant adding the half stick to an existing food plan.  But if its consumption is spread throughout the day does not add to the usual caloric intake, that is a different story.

I have actually started a very strict no refined sugar, no juice, very limited fruit and carb diet and am feeling very much better.  Have lots of weight to lose, and I don't feel hungry.  So I do see what you are saying.

We also use lard.
(10-16-2010, 02:21 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2010, 01:04 PM)orate Wrote: [ -> ]miss_fluffy I concede.  Half a stick of butter is only 400 calories.  I was thinking the study meant adding the half stick to an existing food plan.  But if its consumption is spread throughout the day does not add to the usual caloric intake, that is a different story.

We also use lard.

Lard---Only on occasion when ups_wife cooks Mexican food! LOL
(10-16-2010, 02:38 PM)orate Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2010, 02:21 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]

We also use lard.

Lard---Only on occasion when ups_wife cooks Mexican food! LOL

Yes, only on occasion. It does make a nice pie crust, and it's the only thing I would use for deep-frying if I were going to deep-fry. (I do make my own taco shells occasionally, but that's about it.)
(10-16-2010, 01:47 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]

That is all.

Beat me to it.
(10-17-2010, 01:21 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2010, 01:47 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]

That is all.

Beat me to it.

They go to calorie heaven, apparently.  :P

That is all.

Prove it.
Pages: 1 2 3