FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Will eating half a stick of butter a day make you smarter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-17-2010, 02:38 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2010, 05:13 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Excess calories ≠ getting fat.

That is all.

Prove it.

I'm pretty sure he meant "="
There has to be some difference between individuals though.  I can eat nothing but candy and not gain a pound.  The only time I put on weight, however, is if I eat food that's more fatty like cheeseburgers and potato chips. 
(10-17-2010, 03:05 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]There has to be some difference between individuals though.  I can eat nothing but candy and not gain a pound.  The only time I put on weight, however, is if I eat food that's more fatty like cheeseburgers and potato chips. 

Water weight gain from accumulated sodium and other factors can make a person feel bloated and gain a few temporary pounds.
Candy, cheeseburgers, potato chips? I hope you get married soon, Walty. Your bachelor diet will be the death of you if you don't.
(10-17-2010, 02:55 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2010, 02:38 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]

That is all.

Prove it.

I'm pretty sure he meant "="

Nope.
(10-16-2010, 01:47 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]

That is all.

Then what happens to them?

It depends on one's 'set point'
(10-17-2010, 04:50 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]

That is all.

Go on...
(10-17-2010, 04:50 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]

That is all.

There is probably something to it but I don't completely buy it...there may be some variation..and I mean just a little...but it's cold hard math...basal metabolic rate + and exertion = total calories used.......

fat cal + carb cals + protn cals = daily intake...if the intake is greater that the output...you gain weight as storage

Unless you don't actually absorb your calories...but then you have another problem...

Set point is an excuse for people to stay unhealthy, despite the fact that there may be some validity to it...some...not enough to explain why if you keep eating too much you get fatter instead of staying thin....that is controled by our metabolic rate...some folks is higher...some lower...but that has nothing to do with calories...

Then we get to the thyroid...and metabolic rates...too much...too complicated...add in Set Rate...and you'll lose most people..

Safe to say...more food = more weight even if the body turns up the heat (via the thyroid or whatever) when you eat more...you will overcome the mechanism whereby you maintain a normal weight range...and expand.
Pages: 1 2 3