FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Can a priest bless a website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this possible? I have a new website (mantillas for sale). Should I ask my priest to bless it? If he can bless it, I'd like a blessing.

http://www.rosamysticamantilla.com
A website is not an object, so it can't be blessed.  He could bless the server it is on, if you know where it is...
Or he could bless your computer that you use in this ministry.  Smile
The website is an object: You can perceive it by your eyes, and it can move your though, feeling or emotion. The priest can bless it

However if you are the men of tradition, what you need it is the Nihil obstat and Imprimatur. Good luck.

Definition of OBJECT
a : something material that may be perceived by the senses b : something that when viewed stirs a particular emotion (as pity)
a : something mental or physical toward which thought, feeling, or action is directed b : something physical that is perceived by an individual and becomes an agent for psychological identification 3
a : the goal or end of an effort or activity : purpose, objective b : a cause for attention or concern
: a thing that forms an element of or constitutes the subject matter of an investigation or science
a : a noun or noun equivalent (as a pronoun, gerund, or clause) denoting the goal or result of the action of a verb b : a noun or noun equivalent in a prepositional phrase
a : a data structure in object-oriented programming that can contain functions as well as data, variables, and other data structures b : a discrete entity (as a window or icon) in computer graphics that can be manipulated independently of other such entities
(10-15-2010, 10:08 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]However if you are the men of tradition, what you need it is the Nihil obstat and Imprimatur. Good luck.

I don't think so, since the goal of the website is to sell things, not to educate.  In that case, how does it differ from a Catholic gift store?  This is more about getting a place of business blessed rather than getting Church approval for the content of a manuscript.
See this thread: Official Forum Blessing!

[Image: 4.jpg]
The Archbishop blesses the forum, making the Sign of the Cross over the Webmaster's computer
I don't know if that's actually what was happening there.  Can you bless an equation?  A scientific theory?  A language?  These are all real things, but they are not material objects or even spiritual entities of any kind, and I don't think they can be blessed.  Perhaps someone should ask Fr. Z  LOL
(10-15-2010, 10:12 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so, since the goal of the website is to sell things, not to educate.  In that case, how does it differ from a Catholic gift store?  This is more about getting a place of business blessed rather than getting Church approval for the content of a manuscript.

If one is Catholic and sells things related to the religion then regardless of the purpose (making money) of to the subject the pre vatican law required the regulation by the hierarchy. It is for the teaching authority of the Church and not for any layman to decide weather something is in accordance of the faith or against it. The whole mess of the post Vatican II Church comes from the liberty taken by Catholics on both side : listening to the Satan, that they like God can tell god from evil.

can a priest exorcise a website?  that could be very useful.
Only if his ordination was valid.
Pages: 1 2