FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Was Jesus perfect in his human deeds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If Jesus had played darts Would he always hit the exact center of the dartboard?

I begun to think about this after reading about the languages Jesus spoke, (aramaic, hebrew, and perhaps greek and some latin) I always thought Jesus knew all languages that have ever existed, exist or will exist since he is all powerful all knowing God.
(10-17-2010, 06:13 PM)justlurking Wrote: [ -> ]If Jesus had played darts Would he always hit the exact center of the dartboard?

I begun to think about this after reading about the languages Jesus spoke, (aramaic, hebrew, and perhaps greek and some latin) I always thought Jesus knew all languages that have ever existed, exist or will exist since he is all powerful all knowing God.

Yes, Jesus was perfect in all things. However, this sort of common activity shouldn't be considered.

God became Man, to live and die, for our sake. So, he was a perfect infant, a perfect child and a perfect man.

Jesus would have known all languages (indeed, the apostles are recorded as speaking them all at once), however, knowing many languages was common in that area. After all, speaking Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek and Latin would be not uncommon (well, Latin would have been rarer in that area, as that part of the Roman Empire spoke Greek mostly due to historical influence) as native speakers of those languages are in the scriptures.
I've been thinking about this too.

Could Jesus do calculus?
(10-17-2010, 07:57 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking about this too.

Could Jesus do calculus?

"Thou shalt not put the LORD thy GOD to the test."
(10-17-2010, 07:57 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking about this too.

Could Jesus do calculus?

Did He know about Chaos Theory???---and could He have described it?
This is really odd now ! I was thinking yesterday about the calculus and figured Jesus could integrate in his head, then this thought popped in uninvited "do you think it would be difficult for Him realizing He invented it all in a word" ? I shut my mouth up, that's the one in my head, that runs it's mouth all of the time. I'm now working harder on keeping it quiet and not getting me in trouble again.
tim
(10-21-2010, 08:38 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]This is really odd now ! I was thinking yesterday about the calculus and figured Jesus could integrate in his head, then this thought popped in uninvited "do you think it would be difficult for Him realizing He invented it all in a word" ? I shut my mouth up, that's the one in my head, that runs it's mouth all of the time. I'm now working harder on keeping it quiet and not getting me in trouble again.
tim

:laughing: I have one of those too!
(10-17-2010, 06:13 PM)justlurking Wrote: [ -> ]If Jesus had played darts Would he always hit the exact center of the dartboard?

I kinda doubt it. He was fully human - which means making mistakes. And the Bible says he was like us in all things except sin. Everyone makes arithmetic errors, for instance. And typos.

I just can't imagine a young Jesus helping Joseph in the shop and not having to learn "Measure twice, cut once" the hard way. If He did everything He ever tried perfectly the first time, He really wouldn't be human. He'd be Superman. And people tend to shy away from people like that. ABp Sheen wrote about that in his autobiography, too. He was a terrible artist. He turned down free art lessons once because he figured that when his TV audience saw him draw on his blackboard and it looked like a kindergartener's work, they wouldn't be intimidated by his learning, they'd see he was just a regular guy.

Good question.

He was indeed perfect in His human nature. This perfection consisted precisely in His lack of sin; He exercised every virtue, both natural and supernatural, to the fullest - without exception and at all times. Infallibility in darts, languages, calculus, etc. was/is neither necessary nor sufficient for human perfection.
I've got a question. What about the idea that the laws of mathematics are an extension of God's nature? If Christ is God (which, of course, he is) and mathematics are an extension of God's nature, would it make sense that Christ could perform mathematical calculations perfectly? Perhaps that doesn't logically follow, I'm not sure. But it's a question that popped into my mind as I read this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5