FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic bloggers aim to purge dissenters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Link to source:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39821248/ns/us_news-life/

I've only read the first page or two of the responses to this article and they are quite telling and indicative of the coming persecution.  I shouldn't be but I am surprised at the hatred that is spewed forth at Catholics - even by other "Catholics," and the most vitriolic comments are the most highly rated.

Kyrie eleison!

Edited to delete copyrighted material
I'm a taliban Catholic.
It seems to me that most of the problem is with sanctimonious blowhards who think that they are gods unto themselves!
(10-25-2010, 01:17 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that most of the problem is with sanctimonious blowhards who think that they are gods unto themselves!

:(
Oh the humanity, heaven forbid that we actually expect Catholics to be Catholic!  :o
In the past, people would need an imprimatur to print religious works anyway – it’s certainly not the right of people to be pontificating on religious issues at will.  Whilst some of them may have the problem right, if their writings are not screened by any true and orthodox Catholic authorities, how do we know they have the solution?

Good thing no-one listens to bloggers anyway – the fact that anyone can start them for free at the click of a button removes any modicum of authority that comes from having a book or pamphlet printed.

God will sort this mess out, not a bunch of self-appointed theologians.
(10-25-2010, 06:30 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]In the past, people would need an imprimatur to print religious works anyway – it’s certainly not the right of people to be pontificating on religious issues at will.  Whilst some of them may have the problem right, if their writings are not screened by any true and orthodox Catholic authorities, how do we know they have the solution?

Good thing no-one listens to bloggers anyway – the fact that anyone can start them for free at the click of a button removes any modicum of authority that comes from having a book or pamphlet printed.

God will sort this mess out, not a bunch of self-appointed theologians.

That would be convenient for light loafers, freeloading clergy if it were in spirit true, but it's not even true in spirit.
Didn't understand your post; not even sure what specifically you're replying to.
Look lets just do the important things first.

I will be bring the pitch forks, who has the torches?
Deus in adjutorium nostrum intende...
Pages: 1 2 3 4