FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: EASTERN CATHOLIC MELKITE BISHOP UTTERS THE UNPARDONABLE SIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Melkite Catholic bishop riles Jewish-Catholic relations

Sunday, October 24, 2010
By Martin Barillas
http://www.speroforum.com/a/42348/Melkit...-relations

The World Jewish Daily referred to comments made by members of the recently completed Vatican meeting of Catholic bishops of the Mideast. The paper, which is widely circulated in the US, referred to "a number of shocking statements that appear to set back Jewish-Catholic relations to pre-Vatican II days, a Vatican synod denied the Jewish connection to the Land of Israel.

“The Holy Scriptures cannot be used to justify the return of Jews to Israel and the displacement of the Palestinians, to justify the occupation by Israel of Palestinian lands,” said Monsignor Cyril Salim Bustros, a Greek Melkite archbishop who resides in Massachusetts, in an October 23 press conference at the conclusion of the synod.

“We Christians cannot speak of the 'promised land' as an exclusive right for a privileged Jewish people. This promise was nullified by Christ. There is no longer a chosen people—all men and women of all countries have become the chosen people. "

Archbishop Bustros also called for the return of Palestinian refugees, while some of his statements were interpreted to call for the nullification of Israel's Jewish character.

Mordechay Lewy, Israel’s ambassador to the Holy See, described Bustros remarks as “returning to successionist theology, contradicting Second Vatican Council teaching and Pope Benedict himself—who has welcomed the return of Jews to their ancient homeland.”

Butros' statements concluded a two-week meeting called by the Pope to address the plight of Christians who are fleeing the Middle East.

Although much of the criticism at the conference focused on Israel, Israel Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor pointed out that Christian flight from the Middle East is actually occurring in countries where there are no Jews.

"Israel is the only country in the Middle East where the number of Christians has increased over the years," he said.

He also remarked that theological disputes over the interpretation of the Holy Scriptures were a phenomenon of the Middle Ages. "It doesn't seem like a wise move to revive them," he said.
Moderators
SUCCESSIONISM is offensive to Jews because it states that Christianity (Catholicism) and the New Testament have totally supplanted the Old Covenant and that the Jews need to convert. Denying this is exactly what the "feel good church" now promotessince Vatican 2. Judaism and Catholicism are now co-equal religions in the eyes of God. This is another aspect of the Father Feeney case and its ironic its being brought forth again by an Eastern Catholic Rite bishop in the Boston area (Father Feeney's environs)  JESUS means SAVIOR there is only one and the CATYHOLIC CHURCH and JESUS are the same known as the MYSTICAL BODY OF CHRIST, thats how you can discern the human side of the church , the failures of its leaders and the Divine side of the Church its from God and indestructible. The denial of EENS (outside the Church No salvation) is just a furthur extension of denying JESUS as the SAVIOR of the World from going to HELL if they unite with his Mystical Body.
Pardon my ignorance, but what in this is supposed to be the unpardonable sin?
(10-25-2010, 06:48 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: [ -> ]Pardon my ignorance, but what in this is supposed to be the unpardonable sin?
speaking ill of the chosenites
(10-25-2010, 07:10 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2010, 06:48 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: [ -> ]Pardon my ignorance, but what in this is supposed to be the unpardonable sin?

Ahh, yes. I see. Or as Jesus' Church refers to them, the "perfidious Jews".

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
(10-25-2010, 07:25 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2010, 07:10 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]

Ahh, yes. I see. Or as Jesus' Church refers to them, the "perfidious Jews".

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Exactly.  The faithless Jews - the ones who have refused to acknowledge the arrival and the Moshiach, having no faith in Our Lord.

Not licking the perfidious ones yalmakas like the last few Popes have.
Its nice to see a Bishop who speaks the truth.
(10-25-2010, 07:40 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]Its nice to see a Bishop who speaks the truth.

Amen, but see how quickly good ol' Father Lombardi distanced the Vatican from him.  "It's just his personal opinion"! he says, "Not what the rest of us believe" Sadly I can see this Bishop finding himself very much ostricised by his own Church for fear of offending the Chosen Ones.  My prayers for him, though.

Blessings,
:pray:
Steve
Don't worry dear Israelis, a clarification will be forthcoming... they always do from the Church of Vatican II.
Pages: 1 2 3