FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: San Francisco Condemns Catholic Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
In Minnesota, they try to be more covert about their anti-Catholicism, but now, all three branches of government, including the fourth estate, feel emboldened to attack the Catholic Church. It's not a hyperbole to say that they share a certain commonality with another government of the Twentieth Century.

It shouldn't be necessary to remind people that many Communists in German and Austria joined the Nazi party. There just isn't that much difference, but they shared other common pursuits and interests as well, including hatred for the Catholic Church and the manipulation of moral panic for political purposes. Here it is again:

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...hurch.html
Pray for San Francisco Catholics - in behind the Enemy's lines.
"And the men of Sodom were very wicked, and sinners before the face of the Lord, beyond measure" (Genesis 13:13). Sodom... = modern-day San Francisco?

"Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake. ... And you shall be brought before governors, and before kings for my sake, for a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. ... And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved" (Matthew 5:11; 10:18, 22).

Yes, let us pray for them.  Pray
The first time I read the title of this thread, I thought "St. Francis condemns the Church? What else will these modernists come up with?"
(10-27-2010, 04:17 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]The first time I read the title of this thread, I thought "St. Francis condemns the Church? What else will these modernists come up with?"

Good one!  LOL

Anyway, whatever happened to "tolerance," the most majestic of modern virtues?  Rolling eyes  And how about that other great modern values system, moral relativism? These tenets would surely condemn San Francisco's condemnation, would they not?  Wink
(10-27-2010, 04:21 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2010, 04:17 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]The first time I read the title of this thread, I thought "St. Francis condemns the Church? What else will these modernists come up with?"

Good one!  LOL

It wouldn't be unheard of, actually. They can fashion the lives of some saints in order to suit their agenda.
(10-27-2010, 04:24 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Good one!  LOL

It wouldn't be unheard of, actually. They can fashion the lives of some saints in order to suit their agenda.

Didn't Nancy Pelosi quote Saint Augustine in trying to prove it's good to be disobedient to the Church...while she was speaking of being disobedient with regards to the Church's teaching on abortion...?  sad >sad
(10-27-2010, 04:47 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]

Good one!  LOL

Didn't Nancy Pelosi quote Saint Augustine in trying to prove it's good to be disobedient to the Church...while she was speaking of being disobedient with regards to the Church's teaching on abortion...?

I don't know, but it's possible.

I don't waste my time reading or listening to people like that.
(10-27-2010, 04:47 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]

Good one!  LOL

Didn't Nancy Pelosi quote Saint Augustine in trying to prove it's good to be disobedient to the Church...while she was speaking of being disobedient with regards to the Church's teaching on abortion...?   sad >sad
She used a quote of his that the soul doesnt enter the body until the third month of life so abortions before that are cool.
It would probably be better if we were facing some real martyrdom out of all this instead of just harassment. Interesting thought from the minority view: "However, in the minority opinion, Justices Andrew Kleinfeld, Sandra Ikuta and Jay Bybee said that, "For the government to resolve officially that 'Catholic doctrine is wrong,' is as plainly violative of the Establishment Clause as for the government to resolve that 'Catholic doctrine is right."

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/oct/10102609.html

C.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5