FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Koch Says Jews are Still Chosen People: Interview with Die Welt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Swiss Cardinal Kurt Koch is the new Official heading the Vatican Office for Ecumenism. A discussion about Christian in the Holy Land, Minarets in Europe and the current Islam-Debate.

Rome (kath.net/DieWelt) As the successor of the Curial Cardinal, Walter Kasper, the former Basel Archbishop Kurt Koch will become the next President for the Papal Adviser for the Promotion of the Unity of Christians -- a kind of "ecumenical minister" of the Vatican. Koch was born in 1950 in Emmenbrucke in the Canton of Luzern. As his first challenge was a two week Synod in the Vatican on the situation of Christians in the Middle East. Paul Badde of Die Welt interviewed him.

Die Welt Hardly in office, you were confronted with the extremely difficult Middle East Summit. How would you describe your idea of the situation?

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...fully.html
Chosen for what?
I read the entire article and I have yet to find those words.
Quote:DIE WELT: Only Paul was himself a Jew and was much closer to the Synagogue

Koch: That's right, even in his journey he stayed close to the Synagogue and preached to the Jews, but first he went to the Gentiles. In the Letter to the Romans he had later exactly described why some went their own way from the Gospel. That he understood the deeper significance of the rejection by the majority of the Jews that the message of Jesus must be brought firstly to the whole world. it is the great secret, that Israel remain the chosen people, but still await the Messiah. That is the greatest question with which they are concerned.
(10-30-2010, 04:40 AM)Cambrensis Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:DIE WELT: Only Paul was himself a Jew and was much closer to the Synagogue

Koch: That's right, even in his journey he stayed close to the Synagogue and preached to the Jews, but first he went to the Gentiles. In the Letter to the Romans he had later exactly described why some went their own way from the Gospel. That he understood the deeper significance of the rejection by the majority of the Jews that the message of Jesus must be brought firstly to the whole world. it is the great secret, that Israel remain the chosen people, but still await the Messiah. That is the greatest question with which they are concerned.

Okay I may be confused or reading this wrong but he seems to be commenting on the historical/biblical Paul and the view from his time (I mean Paul's time) in other words talking about the Jews of Paul's time aka Israel who had not heard the Gospel. He is not talking about the current nation of Israel.
Unum Sint Wrote:he seems to be commenting on the historical/biblical Paul and the view from his time (I mean Paul's time) in other words talking about the Jews of Paul's time aka Israel who had not heard the Gospel. He is not talking about the current nation of Israel

But St Paul says the Jews of his own day were no longer the chosen people. That title had passed to the Church, composed of both Jews and Gentiles:  "For all are not Israelites that are of Israel: Neither are all they that are the seed of Abraham, children".
(10-30-2010, 05:54 AM)Cambrensis Wrote: [ -> ]
Unum Sint Wrote:he seems to be commenting on the historical/biblical Paul and the view from his time (I mean Paul's time) in other words talking about the Jews of Paul's time aka Israel who had not heard the Gospel. He is not talking about the current nation of Israel

But St Paul says the Jews of his own day were no longer the chosen people. That title had passed to the Church, composed of both Jews and Gentiles:  "For all are not Israelites that are of Israel: Neither are all they that are the seed of Abraham, children".

Yes, indeed.

++Koch had a reputation for being  an Old Liberal before he was summoned to Rome, and he's fulfilling that expectation of him entertained by Kreuz.

While he was at his old post in Switzerland, he was the bane of Traditional clergy.
Another shitty pick for a high position by the Pope.
(10-30-2010, 02:55 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]Another shitty pick for a high position by the Pope.

And another heretic, just like Abp. Zollitsch, who is happily "in communion" with Rome.
(10-30-2010, 03:01 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2010, 02:55 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]Another shitty pick for a high position by the Pope.

And another heretic, just like Abp. Zollitsch, who is happily "in communion" with Rome.

With the way things are I cant foresee WANTING to be in communion with Rome. Bunch of queers and Apostates if ya ask me.
Pages: 1 2