FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop Nienstedt Refuses Communion to Dissidents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At today's Noon Mass, a statement was read over the intercom prior to Communion by the Archdiocese's Communication's Director one Dennis McGrath. The statement was to the effect that only baptised Catholics who are disposed to receive Communion and in agreement with the entirety Church's teaching may receive Communion, and specifically, that Rainbow Sashers may not receive Holy Communion, but they were invited to remove their sashes. The approach he's taken to thi situation matches the description of him given by the Star and Tribune as "cool and collected."

Despite the invitation to symbolically demonstrate their concurrence with what the Church has always taught and will always teach, all o f those wearing the sashes attempted to go to Communion but received blessings from the priest instead. One expectant sash wearer stood beside the priest and entreated those coming to communion to give him a Host. He could have been ushered out for disrupting things more than he was, but he was not.

Prior to Mass, there were about a score of protesters standing outside. Their General, Michael Bailey was out and about, talking on the cell phone, directing his army of gray-haired radicals from Linden Hills. If someone had brought a bicycle, we could have said "an army of old men and women on bicycles".

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...on_31.html
Pray for this good and saintly prelate that stands firm for the Faith.
Good for him!
I pray that our new Archbishop Partain will have the guts to stand up for the church
(10-31-2010, 11:04 PM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]I pray that our new Archbishop Partain will have the guts to stand up for the church

I know a bit about Archbishop Sartain he will def hold the line but don't expect miracles. If anything he is obedient to Rome which is more than you can say for certain Bishops in the Church.

Oh and he is a VAST improvement over the outgoing Archbishop as ++Sartain has long history of supporting the TLM which in both of his previous diocese Joliet and Little Rock were planted and grew as he brought the FSSP. Little Rock has 4 FSSP parishes and Joliet 2.
(10-31-2010, 06:00 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]One expectant sash wearer stood beside the priest and entreated those coming to communion to give him a Host.

Another example of why Holy Communion should not be given in the hand.
(11-01-2010, 08:36 AM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2010, 06:00 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]One expectant sash wearer stood beside the priest and entreated those coming to communion to give him a Host.

Another example of why Holy Communion should not be given in the hand.

Fr Bitzer discussed the martyrs of North America a few weeks back and talked about how before one of them was martyred the Indians basically mutilated his thumbs and index fingers because of their usage with Communion.  That martyr sought out  permission from the Pope at that time to use other fingers to give Communion.  Yet some folks still believe they can receive in hand.  Not everyone is a priest.
Great News! Pray
(10-31-2010, 09:37 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]Pray for this good and saintly prelate that stands firm for the Faith.

Amen.

About time we stopped acting like doormats, too.
Please forgive me for I know this is not charitable and I understand that there are many faithful Catholics who struggle to be homosexual and chaste, but I am sick and tired of these Fags.

-Hammer