FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The NO Repels Men
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Alabama Catholic Wrote:I converted to Catholicism at a young age and my mother and father a year after me. Just a couple of years into his young life as a Catholic my dad began talking about how emasculated the Novus Ordo seemed, and though I had never put it into words quite like that, I noticed it too.

Michael Voris touches on this during his CIA Weapons of MASS Destruction episode, and I believe I remember an article from a while back.

From holding hands during the Our Father to female altar BOYS, from facing the people to pathetic folk songs, there is very little in the Novus Ordo that appeals to MEN, and it seems the Novus Ordo has almost eliminated the religiosity of an entire gender.

Does anyone have any scholarly or academic articles/studies done on this by priests or reputable sources? I would love to read more about the femininity rampant in the Novus Ordo because I can't quite put it into words myself. Thoughts?
(10-31-2010, 10:12 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Alabama Catholic'] I converted to Catholicism at a young age and my mother and father a year after me. Just a couple of years into his young life as a Catholic my dad began talking about how emasculated the Novus Ordo seemed, and though I had never put it into words quite like that, I noticed it too.

Michael Voris touches on this during his CIA Weapons of MASS Destruction episode, and I believe I remember an article from a while back.

From holding hands during the Our Father to female altar BOYS, from facing the people to pathetic folk songs, there is very little in the Novus Ordo that appeals to MEN, and it seems the Novus Ordo has almost eliminated the religiosity of an entire gender.

Does anyone have any scholarly or academic articles/studies done on this by priests or reputable sources? I would love to read more about the femininity rampant in the Novus Ordo because I can't quite put it into words myself. Thoughts?

None of the things mentioned are inherent to the Novus Ordo, though.
(10-31-2010, 10:12 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any scholarly or academic articles/studies done on this by priests or reputable sources? I would love to read more about the femininity rampant in the Novus Ordo because I can't quite put it into words myself. Thoughts?

I con't know enough to claim this is reputable, but it seems like the topic you want:http://www.traditioninaction.org/religio...ation.html
I read once (can't recall where - The Rhine Flows Into the Tiber?) that when the first or one of the first Masses of the new rite was given for bishops during or after the council, the incredulous reaction of more than a few was something like "this will appeal only to women".

I remember when I used to wonder if there was something wrong with me because I felt Mass was somehow to "girlish" but I just could not put my finger on it.  (Although it was right there in front of me... and if I'd put my finger on it I'd have gotten kicked pretty hard, probably.)  This was, of course, before discovering the old rite, or even more reverent liturgies.  (I grew up in Milwaukee - nuff said, right?)
Holding hand during the Our Father isn't a good example because that's not in the NO rubrics. Congregants aren't even supposed to be raising their hands during the Our Father, much less holding hands.

The multiplication of female involvement in EMHC's, lectors, etc. must have been studied somehow. Certainly since altar boys have been a source of vocations it can be dangerous to flood that area with altar girls.
I completely agree.  There has been a slow process of feminization of Christianity as a whole since at least the 1820s, culminating with the NO.  Not only has Christianity become feminized but its become pacifist as well (probably a side effect of feminization).
(11-01-2010, 12:45 AM)Robert De Brus Wrote: [ -> ]I completely agree.  There has been a slow process of feminization of Christianity as a whole since at least the 1820s, culminating with the NO.  Not only has Christianity become feminized but its become pacifist as well (probably a side effect of feminization).

This article, from an Eastern orthodox perspective, would argue it began even before.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/42390.htm
(11-01-2010, 12:52 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2010, 12:45 AM)Robert De Brus Wrote: [ -> ]I completely agree.  There has been a slow process of feminization of Christianity as a whole since at least the 1820s, culminating with the NO.  Not only has Christianity become feminized but its become pacifist as well (probably a side effect of feminization).

This article, from an Eastern orthodox perspective, would argue it began even before.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/42390.htm

Most Orthodox have had the unintended benefit of being isolated from much of the world for so long because of either Islam or Communism, but the process is already long underway with them as well.  There is a growing preference for the vernacular;  this is how it started within Catholicism.
It's the Oprahist Form. Of course it's feminized.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5