FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Book: "Who are You, O Immaculata?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased the book, "Who are You, O Immaculata?," from my local Catholic bookstore. It is authored by Fr. Karl Stehlin (F.S.S.P.X.); published by Loretto Publications, with a 2007 copyright. 

Have any here read this book? Do you like or dislike it? Your thoughts are most welcome and appreciated.

I purchased this particular book, so that through it, I might perhaps gain a better understanding of proper Marian veneration and correctly contextualise hyperdoulia in contradistinction from Latria.

With Charity,
-Matthew
How is it by right, that the Immaculata, is [i][i][i]mediatrix of all graces[/i][/i][/i]? By what authority or when did Christ give her the ability to distribute graces in His stead? Also, why is this not the duty or prerogative of Christ? Why does not Jesus distribute graces; why Mary in lieu of He? Lastly, how can one be "deep into Mary?" This phraseology and similar phrasing in St Louis de Montfort's book, "True Devotion to Mary" is rather off-putting. (I am reading that book currently as well. I am reading both very gradually.) I cannot see the reason, to attribute a sort of quasi-omiscence to Mary, where she can know a multitude of prayers at once; or where one seems to dwell deeply within her, as normally one would only do so with regard to God. 

Now, granted, I am still developing my own comprehension on Marian devotion and veneration; hence, why I always submit to Holy Mother Church.  It is merely, my own bewilderment at rather flummoxing subjects such as these, that I take issue with. 

Humbly,
Matthew
Ancient hymns of the Church describe the Blessed Mother as a heavenly gate, since it is through her that the Lord takes flesh and comes to us. Mary's participation in the Incarnation is her complete cooperation and submission in her role of bringing Christ to humanity. It is correct and clear to say, then, that Mary is the Mediatrix of the Incarnation. Since Christ is the fullness of grace and of all truth, and Christ came to us (and comes to us still) through Mary's unending participation, and all grace is in Christ, Mary participates as well through her submission (though as a mere creature) in God's distribution of grace.

Consider Mary's role as the Second Eve. As it was through Eve that Adam came to sin and death, so it is through Mary that life and grace comes to man.