FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Impressed by EWTN Programing for Kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The name of the show is Truth in the Heart it is suppose to be for kids but I got to tell you there are many adults that would benefit from what they teach.

A sister from the Dominican sisters of Mary is the host of the show very young full habit, Dominican habit, anyway, the lesson for today is the "Te Deum"

She firsts gives a background of the Te Deum and translates it in to English then she explains the importance of it, then gives the examples of how important the Te Deum is, and this is what impressed me the most, she talked about St. Joan of Arc explained her death and sacrifice for Christ then she spoke of St Ferdinand of Spain and how he fought battles against the enemies of Christ and went to battle confident of victory even against great odds because he knew that God was with him and his enemies did not respect God and how he won hundreds of battles. Then she talked about the Carmelites sisters in France during the french revolution and how they gave their life for Christ and what a great honor it was to do so. She talked about the happiness they felt as they died for Our Lord.

After the commercial she joined with some of her sisters in chanting the Te Deum in both English and Latin.

By God we need more shows like this may be aimed at a more mature audience.
I've liked the few episodes of *The Friar* that I've seen.  I wouldn't recommend it past the age of seven, but it's cute and has some good lessons.
EWTN does alot of good i just wish it was more traditional, it has many programs that would have you think the church started in 1965 after the Council.
(11-03-2010, 12:10 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]EWTN does alot of good i just wish it was more traditional, it has many programs that would have you think the church started in 1965 after the Council.

lots of people have that understanding of the Church and it's sad to see it reinforced here with all the evangelicals that run EWNT.
i tunred off by cheesy graphics and music on ewtn. even though they have live audience i think they put a clapping track on anyway. it sounds fake.

i used to like to watch mother angelica. raymond arroyo is comfortable to watch. hes a gentleman.