FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Will Prelate Imkamp be the Next Archbishop of Berlin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Berlin, kreuz.net)The Director of the Shrine Maria Vesperbild in the Diocese of Augsburg, Wilhelm Imkamp (59), is the most qualified candidate to succeed the former Archbishop of Berlin.

This was according to 'Bild' today in its Berlin edition. The paper gave no source for its alleged information.

Cardinal Georg Sterzinsky of Berlin will reach his 75th birthday this coming February and must submit his resignation. The boulevard magazine informs us that he is weary of his office.

They have profiled the Catholic Prelate Imkamp as "well connected in the Vatican".

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...ve-be.html
I have heard good things over all, however I would like to know more about his views on the Liturgy.
(11-07-2010, 03:47 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard good things over all, however I would like to know more about his views on the Liturgy.

They were talking about him as a replacement for Bishop Mixa earlier, and he says Latin NO and is a "friend" of Msgr Ganschwein the Pope's Secretary
"Cardinal Georg Sterzinsky of Berlin will reach his 75th birthday this coming February"

That reminds me, isn't Cardinal Mahony going to be 75 in February as well???  Gettin' there, gettin' there!!!
(11-07-2010, 10:00 PM)Cassius_Longinus Wrote: [ -> ]"Cardinal Georg Sterzinsky of Berlin will reach his 75th birthday this coming February"

That reminds me, isn't Cardinal Mahony going to be 75 in February as well???  Gettin' there, gettin' there!!!

Did you talk about another Cardinal instead of +Mahony? Anyway, it's nice that Cardinal Mahony is retired and replaced by someone who's at least a neo-con.