FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
...what would it be?  Only a single book/volume and it cannot be the Bible.
The Imitation of Christ
The Catechism, although I'm not sure which one to pick (the Roman is more official, while the Baltimore is more up-to-date). It gives instruction on what must believed, how one must live and how to pray (the Baltimore includes a nice selection of prayers). The only thing missing would be a priest to say Holy Mass and to administer the sacraments (Penance, Holy Eucharist and Extreme Unction).
If I were stranded on a desert island I would need good, light-hearted fun, so Pickwick Papers.
(11-09-2010, 01:18 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]...what would it be?  Only a single book/volume and it cannot be the Bible.

My Kindle.

Technology has made the question obsolete.

(11-09-2010, 03:39 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]The Catechism, although I'm not sure which one to pick (the Roman is more official, while the Baltimore is more up-to-date). It gives instruction on what must believed, how one must live and how to pray (the Baltimore includes a nice selection of prayers). The only thing missing would be a priest to say Holy Mass and to administer the sacraments (Penance, Holy Eucharist and Extreme Unction).

Take the Catechism of the Council of Tren
Robinson Crusoe?  A book by Bear Grylls?  Or am I missing the point here completely?

You know, I really have no idea.  Perhaps if I read more I would know.
Either a book called "How to escape from desert islands" or the breviary.
(11-09-2010, 07:10 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]Either a book called "How to escape from desert islands" or the breviary.

Wade out into the ocean and stand there and let all sorts of sea creatures become acclimated to your presence and when the opportunity presents itself, lasso some sea turtles. lash them together and use them as a raft.
(11-09-2010, 05:46 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2010, 01:18 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]...what would it be?  Only a single book/volume and it cannot be the Bible.

My Kindle.

Technology has made the question obsolete.

Not entirely -- how will you recharge your Kindle when the batteries go dead? A good quality book will last longer than a Kindle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8