FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Who says powdered donuts aren't healthy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wants to lose weight by eating donuts, Nutty Bars, and Doritos.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twi...tml?hpt=T2
Haha, I saw that.  That guy is an IDIOT.  I know he didn't advocate the diet, but what's the bet desperate women will imitate his methods now?  :chainsaw:

No reason for the chainsaw, I just couldn't wait for a legitimate excuse to use it.
(11-10-2010, 05:37 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, I saw that.  That guy is an IDIOT.  I know he didn't advocate the diet, but what's the bet desperate women will imitate his methods now?   :chainsaw:

No reason for the chainsaw, I just couldn't wait for a legitimate excuse to use it.

A friend of mine claims he'll be doing this come January.  He's the one who posted it on Facebook so I could find it.

I couldn't help but notice that with a diet of 1800 calories per day you could have 12 Little Debbie Starcrunches everyday.  Hmmm...  ;D
(11-10-2010, 05:58 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't help but notice that with a diet of 1800 calories per day you could have 12 Little Debbie Starcrunches everyday.  Hmmm...   ;D

And hey, if you develop scurvy, you'll lose even more weight...  :laughing:

Seriously, this kind of stuff reminds me of the book Good Omens, where the horseman Famine becomes a famous diet guru...
(11-10-2010, 05:58 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine claims he'll be doing this come January.  He's the one who posted it on Facebook so I could find it.

Wow, that's a seriously bad idea.  Try to dissuade him.  He'll end up with a serious sugar addiction (most of us are sugar addicted anyway; don't want to make it any worse).  The article also mentions bunkum about lowering cholesterol levels.  Cholesterol is produced by the liver and is the body's own defence against internal inflammation.  Refined sugar is one of the causes of this inflammation, so despite what the doctor claimed, this diet is not good for cardiovascular health.
(11-10-2010, 06:19 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2010, 05:58 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine claims he'll be doing this come January.  He's the one who posted it on Facebook so I could find it.

Wow, that's a seriously bad idea.  Try to dissuade him.  He'll end up with a serious sugar addiction (most of us are sugar addicted anyway; don't want to make it any worse).  The article also mentions bunkum about lowering cholesterol levels.  Cholesterol is produced by the liver and is the body's own defence against internal inflammation.  Refined sugar is one of the causes of this inflammation, so despite what the doctor claimed, this diet is not good for cardiovascular health.

I can't imagine his wife would let him get away with this even if he wanted to do it, lol.
He said with his tongue planted firmly in his cheek.
Powdered sugar is a safety feature on doughnuts. It is placed there so working men with sawdust or grease or oil have a layer between the doughnut and their fingers.This prevents the accidental ingestion of the sawdust, grease or oil.
tim