FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Interesting connector between Akita, Garabandal and Fatima, discovered yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I wonder when Christians will start being more mature about their faith.

All these hang-ups about apparitions and prophecies are rather disreputable, to put it mildly.

(Disclaimer: Credo's impersonation)
(11-20-2010, 11:12 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when Christians will start being more mature about their faith.

All these hang-ups about apparitions and prophecies are rather disreputable, to put it mildly.

Credo, apparition-chasing can indeed be a BAD HABIT (I've said as much here), but authentic (Church-approved) apparitions do have their place.
You tell Credo CatholicThinker.  But to be fair, he really has been helpful in my search for a new home away from the coming feminist police state.
(11-20-2010, 11:38 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]You tell Credo CatholicThinker.  But to be fair, he really has been helpful in my search for a new home away from the coming feminist police state.

??? It's not like my comment was an out-of-hand- condemnation of the man, now, was it?
(11-20-2010, 11:38 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]You tell Credo CatholicThinker.  But to be fair, he really has been helpful in my search for a new home away from the coming feminist police state.

So where ya goin?

We'll be near Springfield, MO.

Should we start a survivalist thread somewhere?  Or is there one already?
(11-20-2010, 11:36 AM)The Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2010, 11:12 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when Christians will start being more mature about their faith.

Credo, apparition-chasing can indeed be a BAD HABIT (I've said as much here), but authentic (Church-approved) apparitions do have their place.

They have a very diminute place in the faith of a mature Christian, something seldom found around here.

(11-20-2010, 11:52 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2010, 11:36 AM)The Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2010, 11:12 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when Christians will start being more mature about their faith.

They have a very diminute place in the faith of a mature Christian, something seldom found around here.

I will concur.

I would say that in modern times their place in the mind of the Christian is increased for some good reasons, as we do indeed approach apocalyptic times.  However, just a bit.  In other words, it is appropriate to know & study Fatima to better understand the times we live in.

But, if one moves beyond a simple reverence for private revelation into an obsession that smacks of sensationalism, there is a problem.
Credo, the better Catholics I've ever seen are the peasants, those prone to what could be called superstition. The intelligentsia are their own problem, they want a rational explanation for everything. Since the council, miracles are downplayed. Faith is belief in things unseen, and the increase in possession is proof positive, that is if the devil bit someone on the ass, that they wouldn't say ouch.
There are many questionable apparitions, too numerous to mention, but Fatima ain't one of them. Pope Benedict XVI on the plane where he can speak freely, before his handlers can spin it, and I paraphrase, said the Visions of Fatima are in the future.

Don't you see we are hurtling toward destruction, don't you see the lack of Sanctifying Grace in the World, don't you see God Almighty's anger igniting ? Our Lady at Fatima message is our only consolation. Jesus told Faustina that now is the hour of my Mercy, which means that hour has an end, and, He will withdraw His mercy at that point. We are within seconds of the end of that hour.
tim
So, that really IS Credo.  I actually thought it was Vetus Ordo with a new avatar.  Boy, is that ever confusing.

Credo, I would not have agreed as much as I did if I'd known it was you!  Just kidding. ;)
(11-20-2010, 12:22 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Credo, the better Catholics I've ever seen are the peasants, those prone to what could be called superstition.

I beg do differ. The "peasants" have kept alive elements of puerile superstition even after two millennia of Christian civlization. If the Christianity did not appeal to the sophisticated intellect, it would have died a brief death a long time ago. Christians must strive to give adequate answers to educated people like Hitchens or Dawkings, not to preach to a choir of analphabets.

Quote:Don't you see we are hurtling toward destruction, don't you see the lack of Sanctifying Grace in the World, don't you see God Almighty's anger igniting ? Our Lady at Fatima message is our only consolation. Jesus told Faustina that now is the hour of my Mercy, which means that hour has an end, and, He will withdraw His mercy at that point. We are within seconds of the end of that hour.

This apocalyptic speech is rather fitting of a trailer park protestant preacher.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7