FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Good news everyone: Conference of Catholic Bishops new President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.commonwealmagazine.org/blog/?p=10962

I know some here are not big fans of ++Dolan but at least he is not Kicanas. Also in other good news look who got elected VP ++Kurtz the man who brought back the TLM back to Louisville.
Hooray, it is not Kicinas!!!

And I hear good things about Bishop Kurtz from my relatives in Louisville.

At least we are getting some change in direction.  At long long long last.  Some of the things Abp. Dolan is doing is a little sketchy but still...

And over the next 3 years a number of super liberal dissenting prelates will be retiring, thanks be to God. And maybe the direction of this sorry Conference can also finally be towards orthodoxy and the care of souls.

I would have liked to have seen how the vote went. I recall the hijacking of the vote on liturgy committee some years ago that EWTN was allowed to broadcast; guess they do not want that fiasco to be shown again.
I think its very telling that the President and VP are both considered "conservatives" and of course in the case of the VP he can be considered "light-trad." and not just conservative.
The homosexualist movement had just endorsed Kicanas.  Apparently they are not as savvy as many thought, because they should have known such a public endorsement by their kind would not help him.
Abp Dolan invited ICKSP to run the TLM in Milwaukee.  :)  And gave them use of a nice church.
(11-16-2010, 03:22 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Abp Dolan invited ICKSP to run the TLM in Milwaukee.  :)  And gave them use of a nice church.

He did do that, and for that alone I should indeed be incredibly grateful personally!
(11-16-2010, 03:22 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Abp Dolan invited ICKSP to run the TLM in Milwaukee.  :)  And gave them use of a nice church.
There is also a daily TLM in midtown with the assistance of the ICKSP. It had been once a week, but soon after he came, it became daily. And that's in addition to the other Sunday TLM's in Manhattan and the Bronx.  Dolan is definitely someone who isn't going to be doing any confrontation in the way some other recently appointed Archbishops have, but he will- and has- grant a place for tradition.
Yeah, well just as long as +Dolan doesn't wear anymore cheese heads while doing mass!! He might have thought it was hilarious, but at the time I'm sure God didn't!!!
(11-16-2010, 05:06 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, well just as long as +Dolan doesn't wear anymore cheese heads while doing mass!! He might have thought it was hilarious, but at the time I'm sure God didn't!!!

Homily, for all intents and purposes, is not the Mass.  Abp. Dolan has never worn the Cheesehead during Mass itself.  As HK has said in another post, at least in the TLM, the Mass pauses at the homily (which is why the priest will sometimes remove the maniple for homilies).

So, your statement is technically incorrect.  :)
Still, mass or not, it was not a laughing matter!
Pages: 1 2 3 4