FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 15 Decades Daily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I've begun praying all 15 decades of the Rosary daily, spaced out over three different times of the day: morning, mid-day, and night. One thing I'm not sure about: When you do this, do you begin at the beginning with each set of 5 mysteries, and end with the Salve Regina at the end of each? Instead of doing this, I start in the morning from the very beginning, "In the name of the Father...", go through the 5 Joyous Mysteries and end with the "O my Jesus...", then mid-day I begin with the Our Father introducing the Sorrowful Mysteries, then at night I begin with the Our Father introducing the Glorious Mysteries and only then end with the Salve Regina. No problem? How do you do it?
If you pray the Rosary without interruption, you do not repeat the Creed or Salve.

If you pray the Coronas separately, you say the Creed and Salve for each one.
I realize that not everyone can spend an entire hour saying all 15 decades and therefore must break them up throughout the day, but really its not that daunting a task This month I have averaged saying the 15 decades at least 5 times each day. Yes, the Rosary is in my hands all day long and yes, I am retired and have nothing but "honey-do" chores.

I have a lot of penance to do for past sins and those of people who offend God.
(11-18-2010, 01:46 PM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]I realize that not everyone can spend an entire hour saying all 15 decades and therefore must break them up throughout the day, but really its not that daunting a task This month I have averaged saying the 15 decades at least 5 times each day. Yes, the Rosary is in my hands all day long and yes, I am retired and have nothing but "honey-do" chores.

75 decades a day? Seriously? Do you pray them in the midst of doing other things?
I say the 15 decades daily. Usually I try to say them all at once and I like to say them in front of the Blessed Sacrament when possible. It usually takes me about 45 minutes. I figure I spend hours on the computer every day I can at least spend 45 minutes in prayer.

I guess I have been doing things improper on days when I have to split the decades up because usually I have just said the Apostle's Creed once at the beginning and the Salve once at the completion of all 15 decades. In fact I have read in St. Louis de Montfort's total Consecration book that it's OK if you even say one decade at a time as long as you get the 5 or 15 decades said before bed.

(11-18-2010, 03:46 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I have been doing things improper on days when I have to split the decades up because usually I have just said the Apostle's Creed once at the beginning and the Salve once at the completion of all 15 decades. In fact I have read in St. Louis de Montfort's total Consecration book that it's OK if you even say one decade at a time as long as you get the 5 or 15 decades said before bed.

It is a private devotion, so there are no hard rules of course. Getting it said well is the goal.

My recommendation was to have it said in the most regular manner. Since it adds no significant time I can tell, if one plans on saying one Corona all at once at a time, then saying it with a clear beginning and ending would be the most regular way of doing it.
(11-18-2010, 01:46 PM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]I realize that not everyone can spend an entire hour saying all 15 decades and therefore must break them up throughout the day, but really its not that daunting a task This month I have averaged saying the 15 decades at least 5 times each day. Yes, the Rosary is in my hands all day long and yes, I am retired and have nothing but "honey-do" chores.

Well done.  It is heartening to see someone making good use of their time.  Please say a few for me and my family.

God's blessings upon you indeed! I recently read of a centenarian who is still saying as many rosaries as she can at 100! Like her, you are an example to us all.

C.
I've been thinking of beginning a practice of praying fifteen decades a day, in part because thirty-five decades a week does not give me enough space to have as many Rosary intentions as I'd like (assuming that I have one intention per five decades, which has been my practice).  The other part was that I hope that I'd grow spiritually if I prayed three times as many decades a day in addition to the other spiritual practices I wish to [eventually] add to my present routine.

Is there a rule of some sort for decades per intention?  Should I have one intention per five decades, or if I'm praying fifteen would it be one intention per fifteen?

We on the FE chat were discussing this earlier and someone had caused us to wonder why we don't just pray for literally everyone so as to not leave anyone out.
(11-19-2010, 04:05 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking of beginning a practice of praying fifteen decades a day, in part because thirty-five decades a week does not give me enough space to have as many Rosary intentions as I'd like (assuming that I have one intention per five decades, which has been my practice).  The other part was that I hope that I'd grow spiritually if I prayed three times as many decades a day in addition to the other spiritual practices I wish to [eventually] add to my present routine.

Is there a rule of some sort for decades per intention?  Should I have one intention per five decades, or if I'm praying fifteen would it be one intention per fifteen?

We on the FE chat were discussing this earlier and someone had caused us to wonder why we don't just pray for literally everyone so as to not leave anyone out.

Sometimes I try to think of an intention (usually an individual family member) for each Ave, if I have more general intentions I usually do one per decade i.e., "The Fisheaters," "The elderly in my parish," "The Suffering Souls in Purgatory." etc.  If it's a special case I'll sometimes offer the whole Rosary in front of the Blessed Sacrament at Adoration.
Pages: 1 2 3