FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Australia a good place for a Catholic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
In my ongoing quest to get out of the US, I'm considering the Australian continent as a refuge.  Since Malta seems such a difficult place to get a job, Australia is looking better.  But I wonder if there is traditional Catholicism there.  If so, where in Australia?  What's a good diocese or parish?

Is Australia becoming a police state like America?  That's my other question.
Running away is no use. Wherever you go, there you are.

“The locus of all disorder is not external to us, but is found in our own souls. If we do not begin there, we cannot begin."

-James V. Schall, "On Learning & Education": http://tinyurl.com/yjqxly
Run away.....please...maybe you can root out feminism there...lol

I get the biggest kick out of people who have no idea what the rest of the world is like or the past whining about how bad it is in the US....run away.....run away....
(11-18-2010, 02:29 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]I get the biggest kick out of people who have no idea what the rest of the world is like or the past whining about how bad it is in the US....run away.....run away....

I suppose you know everything about everywhere else in the world.

Sorry, but I'm not a rich guy who can just board a plane whenever it suits his fancy.
there seems to be a relatively large number of traditional priests and parishes in Australia compared to other continents.

Don't know about the police state or if the culture there is as bad and decadent as elsewhere though, but i know that there are a number of parishes with daily Mass and Catholic schools for the kids run by the SSPX, ICKSP and maybe even the FSSP (not sure about the schools part for them). Not bad at all...
Rich...LOL
austarlia is the nation that made bmx bandits, the best bmx movie made thus far, even better than rad!
(11-18-2010, 02:12 AM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]Running away is no use. Wherever you go, there you are.

“The locus of all disorder is not external to us, but is found in our own souls. If we do not begin there, we cannot begin."

-James V. Schall, "On Learning & Education": http://tinyurl.com/yjqxly

I agree.  There is no "Promised Land".  The whole world is a vale of tears.  Stand and fight.
Jesus never ran away.
JESUS=SAVIOR ......He was sent as he commissioned us to save souls , not to fear or run away from them. St. Augustine at one time was as deviant as many of these actors we see today but Gods grace won him over. Get out there converting the heathen!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7