FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Who is snuffing your neighbour's kittens? (Crypto-Trads at Christendom College?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Good night nurse!  What a whacked out article!

It calls any Catholic that believes in a true Catholic teaching and history (as opposed to politically correct history) and the concept of a Catholic confessional state a fascist! 

But this doesn't surprise me anymore.  Any one that presents true & authentic Catholic teaching will be persecuted.

The person writing this article did pick up on the fact that they are teaching a Catholic confessional state & an entirely Catholic view of history!  OF COURSE they are going to be threatened by that!

I think this type of attack means they are doing something right!
We're in our 12th year with Seton with our oldest son, and he is seriously considering Christendom. Christendom accepts no government funding or loans, so they are free of all government meddling in curriculum, academics, etc. And they forgive all student debt to those who go on to Holy Orders, from what we've been told (though that may only apply to Religious orders?)

The strictness someone else bemoaned above is a major plus as far as I'm concerned. That's the way good Catholic colleges were many years ago, from what I've been told.
(11-18-2010, 12:33 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]Very, very interesting, Restituo. Thank you for replying like this. I am interested that you are actually  living in this diocese!  What impact do you think the activities in Front Royal have had over the years? Are they connected to the prevalence of TLM there?

No problem. My wife and I actually moved in the diocese recently. For this reason I can't say about what influence it's had. I do know, however, that after Summorum Pontificum came out, there have been TLM's popping up all over in this diocese.

We're coming from the diocese of Richmond. There aren't as many TLM's there. However, FSSP has a great chapel in Chesapeake, Virginia. As a matter of fact, their new large church is almost finished with construction!! http://www.stbenedictschapel.org/

-Restituo
(11-18-2010, 10:25 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]Before getting to the topic, I would just like to say I have missed this forum. And I apologise to Mhoram and anyone else I did not reply to. An itinerant existence over three different countries makes anything except my own blog and site difficult to attend to at present.

But I break my silence at last ...

I am haunted by something. I am haunted by a place I have never been to and likely never will ...

I am haunted because of an incredibly odious horrible article on the internet that , I hesitate to link to.

It is called:  Who is snuffing your neighbour's kittens?.

Link here: http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2002/29...kttns.html

It is surreal - a paranoid, absurd piece of garbage attacking Christendom College and the Seton schools etc in Virginia

Please note I say this. It appears to me as a really quite horrible piece springing from what I cannot help but imagine as a kind of American Masonic stream

The article is beyond belief indulging in continuous juvenile name calling ... calling the Catholics involved everything from "fascist" to "silly goose" ... again and again

But there is the old proverb - where there is smoke there is FIRE

And paradoxically I wonder if this thing points to a CATHOLIC FIRE in Virginia that is truly inspiring.

Clearly they have got this author worked up ... he clearly is threatened by them ...

The whole piece has captured me, somehow.

I am curious what others might think (If there has been a thread on this already, please someone tell me!)

I read it and said to my wife half-jestingly: Who are these people in Christendom and Virginia ... crypto-trads ...?

Because really Mr Kittens makes them sound rather different from the more mainstream image I had of this college.

And in contrast to Mr Kitten's intent, I find myself really wondering if here in Virginia, SOMETHING POWERFULLY GOOD is happening to defend and preserve the Tradition

Again I have hesitated to post this link. I do not want to join in further defaming good people in Virginia.

But I don't think anyone here will be duped. Strangely enough, it might inspire some folk here.

I am curious to know what anyone has to say about

1) This piece itself

2) Christendom College. More Traditionalist than I realised?

3) Seton Home schools

4) Anything else related to a possibly inspiring movement in Virginia to defend the Faith

I feel like repeating myself:

I am haunted by something. I am haunted by a place I have never been to and likely never will ...

I want to know more ...

The Larouchies are pretty nuts and you don't have to read too far to see that. Why spooky old Lyndon latched onto Christendom I will never know. I suppose it is a strict place but it has a fabulous campus now with all the amenities anyone could want. They also have a junior semester in Rome which is hugely popular. The students stay only a few steps from the Vatican itself. The Shenadoah Valley is a beautiful place to be with lots of recreational activities and it's only an hour from Washington D.C. if anyone is seeking an occasional escape. Some people want those kinds of rules for their kids. People should visit before they commit to it though.

C.
(11-18-2010, 11:36 AM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]We're next door in Maryland (Archdiocese of Wash) and Virginia feels like a whole other country compared to us, frankly. Lots of TLMs there, not one new TLM in ADW since SP, but it seems like new ones are springing up all the time in Northern VA. We use Seton HS here and we love it. I tried Kolbe last year and wasn't too sold on it. We're planning to use Seton throughout high school.

I'm curious as to what makes you feel that way.  ???
(11-18-2010, 02:21 PM)MaterLaeta Wrote: [ -> ]Good night nurse!  What a whacked out article!

It calls any Catholic that believes in a true Catholic teaching and history (as opposed to politically correct history) and the concept of a Catholic confessional state a fascist! 

But this doesn't surprise me anymore.  Any one that presents true & authentic Catholic teaching will be persecuted.

The person writing this article did pick up on the fact that they are teaching a Catholic confessional state & an entirely Catholic view of history!  OF COURSE they are going to be threatened by that!

I think this type of attack means they are doing something right!

I didn't get to read the whole thing yet but really didn't need to in order to develop the same general notion you describe.

As to Brevis Vir - er, Bearded Man's comments - those are good "drawbacks."  I don't mean to sound condescending but you'll probably think differently when you get to be a little older.  I was just like you when I was getting ready to go to college and didn't want that kind of discipline either so I refused any thoughts of military schools, ROTC, etc.  I wanted to party and I did.  With the benefit of hindsight, I can see how I would have been better off to have learned more discipline then but I had had enough with my strict parents and private schooling.  It may not be for everyone though.  Just my $.02
The article, while ridiculous, is founded on some problems that are found in the trad movement.  One that glares at you is the claim that the US Constitution is not Christian...or is doomed to fail because it is not "Catholic".  The defense of it in the article is clumsy but headed in the right direction.  If there is a failer of this country it will not be because the Constitution is not "Cathoplic" or Christian officially...it will be because Christians have ceased to be what they were....put it this way...with the failre of the Church after Vpoo and the Chritian world in disarry as to what it is supposed to believe and do....how can it be claimed that a political institution that faired very well while the West was fully Christian has run into problems and those problems are inherent to that institution when the Church is not fully on track and the world has been off kilter ever since?

The answer is that it cannot be claimed (with any meaning)

Another glaring problem it the theocracy advocates...all lovers of liberty should be saddened by them...and they...if they actually had any power, would be a threat...as it is many of them do not vote and they have no paower...so while misguided...they are not really an issue...just a sad side show in this vale...
(11-18-2010, 11:51 PM)GeorgeT Wrote:Haha. This article is a parody of itself.

Front Royal is a neat place. The Catholic church these has the TLM every day, processions through the streets. When it has the NO it's ad orientum. Really neat Catholic town. We were thinking of moving there at one point. Visited there over the summer. When I first visited there, I decided to try to be a real Catholic for the first time in my life. Haven't stopped since. That place bleeds graces.

George T- thank you! And others I hope to respond to later.

Your testimony takes my breath away:

(11-18-2010, 11:51 PM)GeorgeT Wrote:When I first visited there, I decided to try to be a real Catholic for the first time in my life. Haven't stopped since. That place bleeds graces.

Has anyone else noticed what this says of the importance of such places? Mr Kittens has reason to be scared! ...
Is Christendom College accredited?
(11-19-2010, 12:18 AM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2010, 11:36 AM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]We're next door in Maryland (Archdiocese of Wash) and Virginia feels like a whole other country compared to us, frankly. Lots of TLMs there, not one new TLM in ADW since SP, but it seems like new ones are springing up all the time in Northern VA. We use Seton HS here and we love it. I tried Kolbe last year and wasn't too sold on it. We're planning to use Seton throughout high school.

I'm curious as to what makes you feel that way.   ???
Stark differences in the dioceses relating to traditional or conservative practices, that's all--that are made more apparent being next-door neighbors. Night and day, it seems. It certainly affects the (Catholic) culture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11