FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: If you were in a desert survival scenario, and had the luxury of one book....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...from the Old and New Testaments.

Which ones would it be?

Any book of of the actual canon is appropriate. Since some books may be divided, one can include them together IF one points out that the given books were actually one book at some point.

Keep in mind that this does not exclude that you may have other books available, but for some reason, you can only have a single book from each testament.

I would have the Gospel of Luke and Ecclesiasticus.

My favorite OT book is Ecclesiastes, but I don't think that would hold up to re-reading as well as Psalms, so Psalms it is. And from the New Testament, it has to be the Gospel of John. "Greater love than this no man hath" (John 15:13) is for me the most beautiful phrase in the entire Bible.
My kindle.  ;D

Kidding.  I actually have the same opinion as Grasshopper - the Psalms and John.
Job and maybe Mark or John.
(11-18-2010, 10:34 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]My kindle.   ;D

Kidding.  I actually have the same opinion as Grasshopper - the Psalms and John.

:laughing:

Yeah I think the Psalms is a hard choice not to make. Then I'd go with Matthew. Matthew's the Bible book I've read th emost since I begin Bible reading plans, abandon them, and begin anew.
The Book of Psalms and the Gospel of St. Matthew or St. John.
The Psalms and the Gospel of St. John. I might pick the KJV, though,because that's what I grew up with so it's the most familiar and poetic to me.
Psalms and St. John
Exodus, of course!
Psalms and St. John ~ great minds are thinking alike.
Pages: 1 2