FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Phone Call Goodbye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I was small, my Great-Aunt Nony was still alive. Her life had been a terrible ordeal for her as she had been plagued with lots of different types of cancer. One day, my parents took me to see her in the nursing home in which she lived. It was quite scary as the cancer had started to show and you could see tumors on her face and arms. She seemed to just be wasting away, but my parents wanted me to see her before she died.
A few days after this, my parents were talking in the kitchen when I received a seemingly real phone call on my plastic toy phone. It was Nony.
"Hello. It's Nony, Carrie. Don't worry. Everything will be alright. Tell your parents. Don't worry, everything's going to be fine."
So I hung up and told my parents what Nony had said, but they didn't believe me. They just thought that she was playing on my mind when I was playing on my pretend telephone.
One hour later, we received a phone call from my grandmother. She told us that Nony had died about an hour ago.
If only you had bought her a Desperate Housewives DVD Box Set, she would still be alive...  It's all your fault that Nony's dead!  I hope you can live with yourself!
(11-20-2010, 05:20 AM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]If only you had bought her a Desperate Housewives DVD Box Set, she would still be alive...  It's all your fault that Nony's dead!  I hope you can live with yourself!

...?

Is this a description of a scene from Desperate Housewives?
(11-20-2010, 05:16 AM)angelia_cherish Wrote: [ -> ]When I was small, my Great-Aunt Nony was still alive. Her life had been a terrible ordeal for her as she had been plagued with lots of different types of cancer. One day, my parents took me to see her in the nursing home in which she lived. It was quite scary as the cancer had started to show and you could see tumors on her face and arms. She seemed to just be wasting away, but my parents wanted me to see her before she died.
A few days after this, my parents were talking in the kitchen when I received a seemingly real phone call on my plastic toy phone. It was Nony.
"Hello. It's Nony, Carrie. Don't worry. Everything will be alright. Tell your parents. Don't worry, everything's going to be fine."
So I hung up and told my parents what Nony had said, but they didn't believe me. They just thought that she was playing on my mind when I was playing on my pretend telephone.
One hour later, we received a phone call from my grandmother. She told us that Nony had died about an hour ago.

Thank you for this Angela. I am not sure what the other responses are getting at, but to me you seem to offer moving testimony that love is indeed stronger than death ...

Yes moving and important testimony in an increasingly materialistic world ...
(11-20-2010, 08:53 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2010, 05:16 AM)angelia_cherish Wrote: [ -> ]When I was small, my Great-Aunt Nony was still alive. Her life had been a terrible ordeal for her as she had been plagued with lots of different types of cancer. One day, my parents took me to see her in the nursing home in which she lived. It was quite scary as the cancer had started to show and you could see tumors on her face and arms. She seemed to just be wasting away, but my parents wanted me to see her before she died.

Thank you for this Angela. I am not sure what the other responses are getting at, but to me you seem to offer moving testimony that love is indeed stronger than death ...

Yes moving and important testimony in an increasingly materialistic world ...

I thought Texican was trying to say this was a spambot or something.  If not that was quite harsh of him - not sure what that's all about.
(11-20-2010, 09:09 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Texican was trying to say this was a spambot or something.  If not that was quite harsh of him - not sure what that's all about.
I think it had something to do with the fact that this is the poster's one and only post and the Desperate Housewives link in her sig line. Spam, I'm guessing, too.

But it did remind me of the interesting ghost thread we had going a while back...
This visual with the tumors was really just unnecessary and going too far.
(11-20-2010, 09:09 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Texican was trying to say this was a spambot or something.  If not that was quite harsh of him - not sure what that's all about.

Don't worry, "angelia_cherish" has been posting this same story on multiple forums. Just spam.

On the topic of ghost calls, though... My cousin's dad died in a farming accident a few years ago. In the year after his death, his daughters and his mother would recieve weird phone calls. Their caller ID said that the calls were from his phone. They phoned the phone company to see what was going on, but the phone company said that they had not reissued that phone number and that it shouldn't exist anymore. When they answered, it would just sound like static, but one time my cousin swore that she heard a male voice. There's probably a logically explanation for it, but it was super creepy at the time.
(11-20-2010, 11:28 AM)Vivace Wrote: [ -> ]There's probably a logically explanation for it, but it was super creepy at the time.

I'm sure there is.

Ghost stories are remnants of supersition and paganism, something the Christianity was not able to wipe out even after 2000 years of social influence.

(Disclaimer: Credo's impersonation)
Definitely spam to get you to click on the "DVD links" at the bottom of original poster's. Just google "great Aunt Nony" and you'll see it posted on quite a few other forums of every description.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Great-...art=0&sa=N

Moderators please delete.

C.
Pages: 1 2