FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Willful Ignorance over the Pope's Remarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(11-21-2010, 01:35 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]You have no right to come to that conclusion.

It isn't a question of rights, but of fact. Look into it. You'll find that the overwhelming majority of male prostitutes are homosexuals.

It doesn't matter what you think what the "overwhelming majority" is, he never specifies what the alleged customer's sexual clientele is. 
(11-21-2010, 01:36 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:34 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:25 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:16 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope has no blame that I see.

What a sodomite needs to hear is that, unless he repents, he's doomed to hell. True charity demands this, not that he be told that using a condom while committing sodomy - one of the sins that cries out to heaven for vengeance - is a possible step towards "moralization." This is utterly diabolical. The smoke of Satan has indeed entered the Church.

Except that the Pope never said the alleged male prostitute was a homo.  I don't think it was even implied.

It was implied, because male prostitutes are usually homosexuals.

You have no right to come to that conclusion.

It was a hypothetical situation and given that most male prostitutes are hired by men, homosexual activity is statistically most likely, even if the prostitute himself has no sexual attraction to males.

Do you know that for a fact?

No. I am only sure of the what Church has infallibly taught. All else is subject to error.

Rather than be paralysed by lack of certainty however, I'd rather not be a skeptic when it is not prudent.
(11-21-2010, 01:38 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]You have no right to come to that conclusion.

It isn't a question of rights, but of fact. Look into it. You'll find that the overwhelming majority of male prostitutes are homosexuals.

It doesn't matter what you think what the "overwhelming majority" is, he never specifies what the alleged customer's sexual clientele is. 

There are many things which are not specified.

Whatever he said which was recorded, he surely had a more complete mental construction of the example. Should the Pope expect that personal interactions be suitable for published theological works for the world?
(11-21-2010, 01:40 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:38 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

There are many things which are not specified.

Whatever he said which was recorded, he surely had a more complete mental construction of the example. Should the Pope expect that personal interactions be suitable for published theological works for the world?

I don't think sodomy was germane to the discussion.
(11-21-2010, 01:38 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter what you think what the "overwhelming majority" is, he never specifies what the alleged customer's sexual clientele is. 

He never specifies it, true, but - given the facts that 1) the vast majority of male prostitutes are homosexuals, and 2) Benedict is a highly informed man - it's implied. Thus sodomy is indeed germane to the discussion.

But why is this point of such importance for you?
Here's one slip of the tongue and there follows irreparable damage to the Body of Christ and the Catholic faith, which will take years to settle.

Intimations of Vatican II.  The modernist pall still hovers in the Catholic atmosphere.  In another post I said, "Thank God for this pope, he speaks like a true Catholic.  But wait!  I hold my tongue.  In matters like this prudence rules and relying on the perennial Catholic teaching on such matters, church authorities and the pope himself should ask, "what would my predecessor have said?"  Indeed, what would St. Pius X, Pius XI, Benedict XV, Pios XII, of recent memory, would have commented when asked the same questions asked of Benedict XVI?  Basta!  These popes would have dismissed the matter with one statement that probably could not provide a twisting of the words as we see in this present situation.  Catholic teaching cannot be compromised in any way, no matter what.
(11-21-2010, 02:23 PM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]Here's one slip of the tongue and there follows irreparable damage to the Body of Christ and the Catholic faith, which will take years to settle.

Intimations of Vatican II.  The modernist pall still hovers in the Catholic atmosphere.  In another post I said, "Thank God for this pope, he speaks like a true Catholic.  But wait!   I hold my tongue.  In matters like this prudence rules and relying on the perennial Catholic teaching on such matters, church authorities and the pope himself should ask, "what would my predecessor have said?"  Indeed, what would St. Pius X, Pius XI, Benedict XV, Pios XII, of recent memory, would have commented when asked the same questions asked of Benedict XVI?  Basta!  These popes would have dismissed the matter with one statement that probably could not provide a twisting of the words as we see in this present situation.  Catholic teaching cannot be compromised in any way, no matter what.

Agreed on all counts. The very fact that a pope would give such interviews, would submit himself to such questioning for public consumption, boggles the mind. This ridiculous "opening to the world" must stop. Basta indeed!
He is human.

We'd do no better.
It is the duty of the pope to watch over his flock.  Calling an evil less evil does nothing towards leading souls to heaven.  It should come as no surprise, however, that a man whose mentor was the infamous heretic Rahner would be talking about condoms rather than to inform people about hell.  But then again, the Novus Ordo doesn't believe in hell so again, no one should be surprised by these wreckless comments.  My advice, continue praying for the restoration of the Church.
(11-21-2010, 02:30 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]He is human.

We'd do no better.

No, we probably wouldn't. He's expected to. Eminently so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13