FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Willful Ignorance over the Pope's Remarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101121/ap_o...s_reaction

Naturally, it is written by a reporter and has all the misdirection and speculation you'd expect.

However, assuming the quotes reflect actual opinions of real people:

Quote:"I've got brothers and sisters and friends who are suffering from HIV because they were not practicing safe sex," said Makome, who works in the capital Harare's Southerton Parish. "Now the message has come out that they can go ahead and do safe sex; it's much better for everyone."

Makome has brothers and sisters and friends with HIV because they choose to engage in sexual activity unlawfully.

I think people are severely missing the point of what the Pope said. He should have made his point more clear by saying saying rapists wearing them is a sign of...whatever.

I was considering these articles (there was another) and the culpability of the Pope in bringing the topic up like this, but now I think it is just willful ignorance and people want to think what they do. The Pope has no blame that I see.
I agree that the Pope bears no blame.  The reporter was pushing for some kind of shocking response that could be twisted.  It shows the ignorance of many people the world over regarding Catholic sexual ethics.  The brothers and sisters referred to in the OP most likely contracted AIDS by going directly against Catholic sexual ethics.  If rational thought is applied, people would realize that AIDS will not be prevented by acting contrary to sexual ethics as taught by the church.  But people don't think about these issues rationally, they think about these issues as animals addicted to sexual release. 

When discussing such issues with sexual perverts and addicts, it doesn't even occur to them that chastity is a viable option, they can't even begin to wrap their brains around that concept because they adamantly believe that man's lusts cannot be controlled.
(11-21-2010, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope has no blame that I see.

What a sodomite needs to hear is that, unless he repents, he's doomed to hell. True charity demands this, not that he be told that using a condom while committing sodomy - one of the sins that cries out to heaven for vengeance - is a possible step towards "moralization." This is utterly diabolical. The smoke of Satan has indeed entered the Church.
(11-21-2010, 01:16 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]

What a sodomite needs to hear is that, unless he repents, he's doomed to hell. True charity demands this, not that he be told that using a condom while committing sodomy - one of the sins that cries out to heaven for vengeance - is a possible step towards "moralization." This is utterly diabolical. The smoke of Satan has indeed entered the Church.

Except that the Pope never said the alleged male prostitute was a homo.  I don't think it was even implied.
(11-21-2010, 01:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

Except that the Pope never said the alleged male prostitute was a homo.  I don't think it was even implied.

It was implied, because male prostitutes are usually homosexuals.
(11-21-2010, 01:25 PM)Jitpring Wrote: [ -> ]

You have no right to come to that conclusion.

This is preached, but not heard. Remember, every word the Pope says can easily be recorded and transmitted to the world based on whatever sells.

The furor over this is not justified. Imagine if the first thing to be heard about St. Thomas was that he said masturbation was a worse sin than rape.
(11-21-2010, 01:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

It was a hypothetical situation and given that most male prostitutes are hired by men, homosexual activity is statistically most likely, even if the prostitute himself has no sexual attraction to males.
(11-21-2010, 01:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]You have no right to come to that conclusion.

It isn't a question of rights, but of fact. Look into it. You'll find that the overwhelming majority of male prostitutes are homosexuals.
(11-21-2010, 01:34 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 01:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

It was a hypothetical situation and given that most male prostitutes are hired by men, homosexual activity is statistically most likely, even if the prostitute himself has no sexual attraction to males.

Do you know that for a fact?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13