FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: was hitler ever excommunicated from church?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
interesting question, isnt it?
If he ever was Catholic, he did and said more than enough to excommunicate himself; I highly doubt that anyone at the time mistook him for a believing, practicing Catholic.
He stopped practicing by the time he was in his late teens.. if anything he excommunicated himself. His only personal involvement in Christianity afterward that I am aware of was being the godfather of the lutheran baptism of Göring's daughter (i think it was him, even though hitler highly disliked göring)

göring personally banned all catholic publications in 1933..

the fuhrer had no problem exterminating polish catholic clergy along with the jews, well if one believes the holocaust anyways
(11-21-2010, 03:27 PM)icecream Wrote: [ -> ]interesting question, isnt it?

He wasn't Catholic.

His parents were Catholic, but he did not attend mass or receive the sacraments after growing up and leaving home.

Given his family life and early adulthood, I do not think it is fair to say anything more than that he had nominally Catholic parents. He never chose the faith.

His ideals were his religion fully.
(11-21-2010, 03:56 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]Given his family life and early adulthood, I do not think it is fair to say anything more than that he had nominally Catholic parents. He never chose the faith.

his mother was devout, and hitler was very much involved with his parish and wanted to be a priest in his preteens, saying it was the highest call a man could have

(interestingly, Stalin was to be a priest and Mao wanted to be a monk in his youth, all three had vivid relationships with their mothers, hitler and mao's positive, and stalin's negative)
As an Austrian, Adolf Hitler was baptized in the Church and at least grew up as a Catholic as the majority of his fellow countrymen at the time.

I don't know when or if he abandoned the Church. He was never formally excommunicated but neither were many dubious people throughout the centuries. While certainly he was at least a war criminal, I don't know if he ever publicly professed heresy or if he ever publicly committed any act of apostasy that would render him ipso facto excommunicated.
Having been baptized in the Church, he will be judged as a Catholic, which makes it even worse for him. 
(11-21-2010, 03:56 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2010, 03:27 PM)icecream Wrote: [ -> ]interesting question, isnt it?

He wasn't Catholic.

His parents were Catholic, but he did not attend mass or receive the sacraments after growing up and leaving home.

Given his family life and early adulthood, I do not think it is fair to say anything more than that he had nominally Catholic parents. He never chose the faith.

His ideals were his religion fully.

Well said Rosarium
(11-21-2010, 03:51 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]göring personally banned all catholic publications in 1933..

really? no catholic book were printed in germany after 1933?!!
(11-21-2010, 05:42 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]Having been baptized in the Church, he will be judged as a Catholic, which makes it even worse for him. 

so hewas technically catholic then, a least from church pov
Pages: 1 2 3 4