FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope does not object to communion in the hand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.indcatholicnews.com/news.php?viewStory=17159

Wow he's sure letting his modernism hang out these days. So he doesn't care if people manhandle the host just as long as they know who their manhandling what a joke.
The pope's alleged traditionalism is really only to try to prop up the Novus Ordo. Lets face it Pope Benedict and all his progressive friends destroyed a flourishing church before Vatican 2 , thats what Pope John Paul 2 should have asked forgiveness for, their failure as Christians period!!!!
This can only be "news" to the uninitiated.
Yes, the following quote is especially very very disheartening!!

"the Holy Father says: “I am not opposed in principle to Communion in the hand; I have both administered and received Communion in this way myself.”"

God Help us all!!!! sad >sad sad
The episode with the Queen of Spain receiving in the hand is fairly recent.

May this be a lesson to those who ridiculously tried to defend the Pope from the obvious fact that the "traditionally minded" Pontiff doesn't mind administering communion in the hand. I would add that he also doesn't mind administering communion to non-catholics.
If he were to say that he objected to Communion in the Hand, then he would be obliged to forbid it, correct?  After all, he is the Pope.  Since CITH has yet to be forbidden, then I guess it logically follows that the Pope doesn't have an objection to it.

Agree or disagree, I don't see how this is news.
It certainly is within our traditions to give out communion in the hand.  Even St. Benedict did it, Pope Gregory in his dialog records that fact. 
Benedict said: “I am not opposed in principle to Communion in the hand; I have both administered and received Communion in this way myself.”"

Benedict is definitely not the traditionalist some have claimed him to be
I get the impression especially after this weekend that we've gotten all the good we're going to get out of this Pope. 

He seems to have given up even the appearance of pretending to be traditionally minded or even concerned about the crisis in the Church. 

All the talk about the dictatorship of relativism seems to be in need of revision,  "it's good if it's a benevolent dictatorship of relativism." 

[Image: 392_Sofia01.jpg]

"Here, you want one?" 

Why dont' they just do it wearing jeans and t-shirts when, in the end, Christ is showed no more respect.  It's no wonder so many "Catholics" do not believe in the Real Presence.
Pages: 1 2 3 4