FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I Should've Known Better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made the mistake of taking my two young daughters to the NO today. I told my wife last week that I would attend the local NO Mass to see if it was bearable, as we moved recently to a new area of the city. Well, not exactly to my surprise, there was the ubiquitous guitar session. Additionally, there were altar boy girls; a woman directly in front of us chewing gum for the entire Mass; the hugfest/handshake; and maybe two or three TOTAL genuflections toward the tabernacle by the "faithful," who were for the most part, of course, decked out in their best Sunday picnic attire. After sitting there and honestly trying to look beyond these things, the final straw was when the priest showed the Host at the Agnus Dei and everyone remained standing (except me and the girls). As the six (count 'em, six) wannabe priests lined up to offer the Hosts and Precious Blood to the congregation of maybe 100, I told the girls, "That's it. Let's go." I then explained to my daughters, ages six and four, outside the church my reasons for leaving. I will never expose my children to this again.

p.s. Spare me the crying about how I was "judging" others and what they were wearing, etc. The woman directly in front of us, the one chomping on gum, had a girl with her who was maybe 12 years old. The girl was dressed in a T-shirt, short shorts, and tennis shoes, one of which was prominently resting on the padded pew. You're not human if you don't notice those things, especially when they scandalize your children.
So you abandoned Jesus and lost an opportunity for the Grace of receiving Our Lord?

Quote:

Luke 12:9   
But he that shall deny me before men, shall be denied before the angels of God.

Signed glgas imposter
(11-22-2010, 12:46 AM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So you abandoned Jesus and lost an opportunity for the Grace of receiving Our Lord?

Quote:

Luke 12:9   
But he that shall deny me before men, shall be denied before the angels of God.

Signed glgas imposter

Oh, I'm sure giggles will be dropping by any time now.
Seriously though, I am sorry you and your daughters had to experience that.

I made the same mistake.  I took my son (trained young altar boy)  to the N.O.  I even sat in the very back.  I heard him gasp and say out loud:  "They're touching the chalice.  They are not supposed to touch it" as a dyke went up to be an EM.  I felt 2 inches tall.  I felt like crap.  The N.O. is a horror.
Sorry about that Lee but thats about par for the NO. I have to ask, the wanna be Priests that were handing out communion, were they mostly women? Was there an epistle babe, a rather attractive late teen through late twenty year old girl in short skirt and low cut top reading the epistle because thats normal too.
sucks.
It's good to go every once in a while.  It reminds you why the TLM is so important and just how bad the crisis is. 
lennon said same thing
Jesus,our Lords peace be whit You.
Dear friend,brothers and sisters in Christ. Here in Finland I have never wittiness something like that. I think You did the right thing. But You had no way to know,so don't blame Yourself,and what's come to explain it for Your children,they know what a mass it,and let it be with that. People tend to explain to much,Jesus said "just say no or yes,that is enough" [free quote from the Bible] because the moore You explain,the moore confused they will be. And for You,don't think about it anymoore,done what done,and next mass they will see what's right.
Blessings,
Totterman.
Pages: 1 2