FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Guess which flag flying prominently at Incarnate Word University?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Vatican flag?  LOL Yeah...right.

The American flag? Ummm, I didn't see it actually, but I guess it could have been flying somewhere else on campus.

The Chinese flag? Yep, that's one of them. Good ol' Communist China. Their flag flying in front of the ostensibly "Catholic" University.

But the most prominent? The flag in the middle of the others? The glorious flag of the United Nations! Oh joy of joys to behold!

Absolutely revolting. The have so many antithetical views and programs going directly against Church teaching. I would actually love to switch out the UN flag for a Vatican flag under cover of night...that would be awesome. 

Communism claiming their new territory, Incarnate Word University...(not the actual flag, but may as well be)
[Image: onu.jpg]
Hey, come stir the pot with me, will yall? That's me Jeremy there...curious to see what kind of replies I get.

http://www.facebook.com/uiwcardinals?v=wall
Wow, they deleted it in under 2 minutes. Wow!

I had posted a question to them why they are flying a Chinese and UN flag....gone.  LOL
Good grief.
I see their reply, Jeremy.  And it's pretty pathetic, imo.  Rolling eyes
(11-22-2010, 05:15 PM)KatieH Wrote: [ -> ]I see their reply, Jeremy.  And it's pretty pathetic, imo.   Rolling eyes
Just checked. Yep, pretty pathetic. Multi-Culti/ecumenical/moral equivalency mumbo jumbo.

For the record and for those without FB account:

My question:
Does anyone know why UIW is flying the Chinese flag, a Communist country who is hostile to Catholics and Christians, and also a very prominently placed flag for the United Nations - an organization who has gobs of programs and policies that go directly against Church teaching? Why not a Vatican flag instead? Thank you.

Their response:
Our students represent 60 countries and the flags on campus represent this diversity.
Our Mission reads: “UIW is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful intera...ction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.”

In this spirit, we welcome those whose governments and faiths are different from our own.

Peace -

Sr. Helena Monahan, CCVI, chancellor
You should follow up by asking them where the Papal flag is! 
Yes, and also ask them when they're going to raise the Hezbollah flag...

[Image: 2_61_hezbollah_flag.jpg]

Why the hell not?
(11-22-2010, 06:49 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and also ask them when they're going to raise the Hezbollah flag...

[Image: 2_61_hezbollah_flag.jpg]

Why the hell not?

Is it sad that I could actually see that happening?  Uggh.